A Tour

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Could someone please give us some help! The wife and myself are planning a trip all over the entire island, in February. As for guest house's or hotels....what is the average price for a decent room in the interior....we know the cost on the coasts is around....anywhere from 20 bucks to 50 bucks.....does it change dramaticlly on the inside of the countrie where there is no tourist places....also are they hard to be had? Is there lots, or is there just 1 or 2 in the small villages in the middle of the countrie? Not that it is gonna matter that much.....but does the price change in the interior change for ....lets say for a dinner or a beer....we know the price of a beer is anywhere from 17 to 40 pesos......but lets say we were right in the middle of the countrie and there was no tourism places at all......how much if any would the prices change???10% ....15%.....2% ..? Any info would be much appreciated!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The country is studded with wonderful non-all inclusive small hotels. You may be surprised to find that many of these are not cheap, but the US$50 should be enough for most. Have a large circle of friends that we travel the country for adventure travel and we consistently discover great off-the-beaten pack places to eat and stay. May I suggest that you include places such as Cabrera-Abreu-Catalina (north coast) -- Hostal La Catalina, Sabana de la Mar-Playa Esmeralda, Miches (Ca?o Hondo hotel) in your excursion. Also, visit the caves in San Cristobal (Pomier). Visit the Anthuriana Plantation (Plantacion Tropical) in Hato Mayor. Go river rafting in Jarabacoa. Head for Monte Cristi and take a boat trip out to the cayos 7 hermanos. Visit Salinas and visit El Derrumbao beach. Continue on to Pedernales to discover Pelempito and Bahia las Aguilas. In Samana there are lots of small hotels. Go the extension of Las Terrenas beach. Lots of places to choose from. Just avoid traveling at night, and if you can, book a jeep. For car rentals, see our sponsor, National Car Rental at http://www.dr1.com/national

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Delores

I will certainly print this out and we'll do as much of what you've said as possible, I know you are a good source. Thank you for your time!