how many dr1ers does it take

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oldie but goldie. found this little gem when running a google search on something.

How many DR1 forum users does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: 1,470.

1 to change the light bulb and to post it on DR1 that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

12 to say that they've changed light bulbs dozens of times and nothing bad ever happened.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell-checkers.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb."

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

156 to write to the Rob/Dolores complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum.

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to the illuminati forum.

12 to demand that cross-posting to Bravenet, Hispaniola, POP Report, Samana.net, and Carribean Travel Forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them and then add "Me Too."

12 to post to the list that they are leaving this forum because they cannot handle the light-bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

4 to suggest that posters search the archives for info on light bulbs.

13 to ask how to search the archives.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on this board?"

39 to ask "what's a board?"

1 to propose a new forum: Light-Bulb-News.

47 to say this is just what the DR1 forum is for - helping others. Leave the post here.

40 to demand that DR1 delete this thread.

2 to suggest the discussion be taken over to Bravenet.

6 to declare that unless you actually LIVE in the DR, you could possibly give valid info about light bulb changing in the DR.

12 to say that they are Dominican and have experience with light bulbs.

4 to say their Dominican boyfriend never asked for a light bulb.

22 to say that Dominican light bulbs aren't as good as those back home.

32 to say that if you want light bulbs like home, stay home.

1 to say that Sosua has the best light bulbs.

16 to say they were surprised there are light bulbs in a 3rd world country.

8 to ask if light bulbs make good gifts for Dominicans.

1 to say that nice Dominican girls don't screw in light bulbs.

4 to ask where to find the best light bulbs.

55 to ask how to get their Dominican light bulb into their home country.

22 to say that you have to get out of the tourist areas to see a "real" light bulb.

15 to ask how they can get a job screwing in light bulbs.

42 to say that the big light bulbs are putting the little light bulbs out of business.

13 to declare the light bulb fiasco as typical of the Dominican government.

7 to say that 99% of all Dominican light bulbs are fakes.

2 to say they can read all about changing light bulbs at BocaChicaBeach.net.

6 to point out there are light bulb changing reviews at DebbiesDominicanTravel.com.

18 to demand we leave the light bulb screwing to the Dominicans because they need the job.

1 to cry that under age children are being exploited for screwing in light bulbs by foreigners.

13 to ask if you can catch Polio or Malaria from changing a light bulb in the DR.

1 to request we all use rose-colored light bulbs.

22 to declare that DR1 is censoring light bulb information for the benefit of the tourism industry.

1 to mention they are one of the few that can work on light bulb internals and to ask where they can get parts.

3 to ask for the names of organizations that distribute light bulbs to the poor.

2 to say that their prior post about screwing in a light bulb was totally twisted around by another poster.

22 to say that screwing in a light bulb is much better when done while sipping an ice cold Presidente.

Jim Hinsch

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how can you comment on this subject if you don't even live in DR?

:cheeky:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
how can you comment on this subject if you don't even live in DR?

:cheeky:

I have a Live remote camera in the D.R. pointed at the light bulb and can view it over the Internet.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
oldie but goldie. found this little gem when running a google search on something.

dv8, I was kidding with my comment, but the funniest ones are the ones that hit closest to home!! Some are hilarious!! Thanks for posting!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dv8, I was kidding with my comment, but the funniest ones are the ones that hit closest to home!! Some are hilarious!! Thanks for posting!

i am kidding with my replies too :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

jim posted this in 2001: http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...forum-users?s=&highlight=change and lightbulb
then it came up again in 2003: http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/27819-How-Many-DR1-ers-Does-It-Take-To-Change-a-Lightbulb

funny thing that so many years later so much of this is still very much on point!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
hmmmm I wanted to add at least one comment that it doesn't add up to 1470, but it does, so...nada.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
That's pretty apt!

Seems to be a bit out of date as it doesn't talk about the colour and origin of the bulb and whether US voltage is inferior and should mention the amount of illumination required to check if it's a DDD or just another Sosua pay-for play.
Nor does it calculate the muzzle velocity of the Hockler and Ketch 35.35 mm semi-auto double ballistic chrome-plated ivory-handled gun necessary to shoot it out for self-protection.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Seems to be a bit out of date

it also misses
7 posters talking how cheap illegal haitian light bulbs are flooding the dominican market
3 posters defending haitian light bulbs as better working than the dominican ones
2 posters mentioning insider info about upcoming deportation of all non dominican light bulbs
18 posters saying it does not matter anyways since there is no power
1 poster LOLing at them and saying that DR will be soon illuminated by e bulbs
4 posters arguing whether light bulbs rule sosua
13 posters discussing light bulbs in their home countries

and we could go on and on :cheeky:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i had hired a female to change my bulbs and boy did she ever get it wrong....i was happy for days....kept calling her back...must have been my lousy spanish and overpaying

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I will have to check with my people to see how they do it.
Thanks for a funny but kinda true post

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Dont worry about shooting it out no one will turn on a bulb for an empty Colonial Zone. With no people why have light. Maribel fixed this.
I had a talk with about 10 residents of the Colonial Zone they all want to move out if they can afford it. One just wants to cement up his dorway ang leave like he did in 65 during the occupation. Buisness is at its lowest ever. The C.Z. is vertualy deserted this is Tourism's gift using IDB bank money. I guess this is their Revitalation thery!

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Dont worry about shooting it out no one will turn on a bulb for an empty Colonial Zone. With no people why have light. Maribel fixed this.
I had a talk with about 10 residents of the Colonial Zone they all want to move out if they can afford it. One just wants to cement up his dorway ang leave like he did in 65 during the occupation. Buisness is at its lowest ever. The C.Z. is vertualy deserted this is Tourism's gift using IDB bank money. I guess this is their Revitalation thery!

Not quite sure how this applies to the original post..

Maybe,
"Last one out turn out the lights"?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
How many DR1ers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just the one, Gorgon.

He can hold it, whilst the whole world revolves around him!!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i am kidding with my replies too :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

jim posted this in 2001: http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...forum-users?s=&highlight=change and lightbulb
then it came up again in 2003: http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/27819-How-Many-DR1-ers-Does-It-Take-To-Change-a-Lightbulb

funny thing that so many years later so much of this is still very much on point!

that means the DR1 posters have todays all Smartphones,
but their posting behavior didn't get any smarter, it's all still well on point.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
it also misses
7 posters talking how cheap illegal haitian light bulbs are flooding the dominican market
3 posters defending haitian light bulbs as better working than the dominican ones
2 posters mentioning insider info about upcoming deportation of all non dominican light bulbs
18 posters saying it does not matter anyways since there is no power
1 poster LOLing at them and saying that DR will be soon illuminated by e bulbs
4 posters arguing whether light bulbs rule sosua
13 posters discussing light bulbs in their home countries

and we could go on and on :cheeky:

and we (me) could hire an haiten light bulb changer???and then what merci....je vous em je vous adore... mon petit lightbulb