View Poll Results: Requires 3 votes, read first post prior to voting!

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: I object to the creation of the proposed forum

22 41.51%
  • NO: I support the creation of the proposed forum

27 50.94%
  • YES: I would request access

31 58.49%
  • NO: I wouldn't request access

17 32.08%
  • I support a LIMITED OPEN forum

29 54.72%
  • I support FULLY RESTRICTED forum

11 20.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: A New DR1 Forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Been here awhile View Post
    I know of at least three users who know.

Must be nice for you. Care to share? Guess not.
    Why not wait till it opens and if you don't like the mod and its members you don't have to join
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

In DR cedula is public information, easily obtained. but i wouldnt want my non-existant cedukla in the hands of a forum moderator. who knows, private property. dr1 can do what it wants.

The great mystery of WHO is the MOD? This person is obviously very frustrated with the open forums and wants to be able to limit input to a Cedula only forum.

Who IS this person. Not knowing this really defeats the whole concept of this.

Cedula and exceptions? How is that going to work?

How about? The MOD needs to be approved by those IN the forum. (Most likely a snow bird would be disqualified.)

I see a lot to due about nothing since the new MOD has not been upfront.

And how many are going to put their Cedula on line? This is very personal and confidential information. No way in Heck would I do it. Blot out a lot of info and maybe?

NOPE. I don't care HOW private DR!/Robert's files are. NEVER send your private IT over ANY internet.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    In DR cedula is public information, easily obtained. but i wouldnt want my non-existant cedukla in the hands of a forum moderator. who knows, private property. dr1 can do what it wants.
    I don't think any moderator will see any cedulas - only Robert will.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I don't think any moderator will see any cedulas - only Robert will.
    People do not know Robert either, and this is the DR after all, land of the crooked. Sending this info to anyone who is not security authorized or bound of some description is careless, end off. If anything did happen and fraudulent actions were committed under your name, no authority would cover you because 'you had to send your cedula details to a guy to join an online discussion forum', come on maan.

I am not saying anything would happen, but if it did............ for the sakes of a forum? Infact I'd stick my neck out and say it will be fine, but if it wasn't................. for the sakes of joining a forum? lol. go ahead, seems overkill to me, but people must LOVE DR1 considerably more than myself to even consider such a requirement to join in.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

This person is obviously very frustrated with the open forums and wants to be able to limit input to a Cedula only forum.
    Learn to read...

1. Proof of status will be required. Either an active Cedula (image) sent to DR1 or sending either the moderator or myself a reason why you want the ability to post in the forum.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    Yes, it is public info but it does identify who you are. The cedula number contains your name
    DOB, residential address, etc. (everything on the card) But if posters do not mind disclosing
    this info then it's fine. If they are uncomfortable, they do not have to join but can observe.

Or as Robert stated above.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will pretty much know who is resident or not by now anyway? And if writing to you to explain this it kind of voids the need to send cedula info anyway. I don't see the big deal with who requested it, or who joins. It is not obligatory if people are happy with things as they are.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the paranoia displayed by some posters, ridiculous is the best way to describe some comments.
    You use and show your cedula all over the place, DR1 is the least of your worries if you're worried about security.

Yes, I have received a number of cedulas, some with blanked out info etc, no problem with this.
    Also received PM and emails on why people would like to be part of the residents only forum, this is also fine. I will get back to everyone, might take a day or so as my schedule permits.
    If you apply and get knocked back, then it's for a good reason

Based on the access requests to date, should be a great forum with some excellent posters.

On that note, this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314