Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber in Santo Domingo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    For example that taxi service being promoted here (that didn't show up on time) wanted to charge me $33 usd from sdq to gascue. Not bad considering the old prices but uber only charged me$18 USD. The choice is obvious. Don't fall for the shills in here.
    alexw it is NOT a taxi service but the regular yellow shirt taxis that now have gone online. I really don't like to repeat myself but your email confirmation did you follow up.

Mc-in-arse.............. Uber ain't for everyone... you are aware everyone on DR1 is NOT a bet (love bet cuz barrio for vet)

Mauricio, I have noticed a few of the Uber vehicles don't really meet inspection but still a good deal.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How can Uber do it?

Gazcue to SDQ airport with Uber 633.69 pesos. I had to double check my receipt online.

Base Fare 55,00
    Distance 234,08
    Time 101,45
    Distance Surcharge 159,73
    Subtotal DOP550.26
    Aeropuerto Peaje 60,00
    Booking Fee 23,43

Total DOP 633.69

The way I see it either the fares will increase or Uber will have a tough time finding drivers.

3. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not see how these Uber drivers are making any money. I always give a generous tip.

5. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Very long hours HTD. I know a venezolano driving 7:00-23:00  six days a week.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Very long hours HTD. I know a venezolano driving 7:00-23:00  six days a week.
    Is he making a decent income ?
    Is it better than a regular Taxi driver ?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

He is doing ok, a 50-60.000 a month, bruto. So has to pay his car and lpi. He is happy.

9. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You Got to be Kidding.........

As with all things in life there will be times things just don't work as they should......

I hop in a Uber car from Gazcue to Las Americas airport. There are a lot of different routes to get to the autopista and each driver seems to have his preferred route or will just use the Uber Google map......

NOT this guy, who I believe just got off a plane from Venezuela and started driving for Uber. After about ten minutes I pay attention to our location and nothing looks familiar. Driver slows down and makes a U-turn. I ask don't you know the way to the airport. His response,,,,,,,, of course.

Ten minutes later he makes another U-turn and after about five minutes we finally get to the autopista.

OK, so with getting confused, lost and whatever the Uber bill is twice what it normally would be. I simple logged into my account, rated the driver a one star, and explained his navigation was terrible. Within minutes Uber adjusted my account and charged me the correct fare.

Point being, if you do have a problem with Uber don't hesitate to go online to your account and complain. I believe this is the fourth or fifth time Uber has made adjustments to bills with no problem.

11. Likes Garyexpat, beachcomber liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    As with all things in life there will be times things just don't work as they should......

I hop in a Uber car from Gazcue to Las Americas airport. There are a lot of different routes to get to the autopista and each driver seems to have his preferred route or will just use the Uber Google map......

NOT this guy, who I believe just got off a plane from Venezuela and started driving for Uber. After about ten minutes I pay attention to our location and nothing looks familiar. Driver slows down and makes a U-turn. I ask don't you know the way to the airport. His response,,,,,,,, of course.

Ten minutes later he makes another U-turn and after about five minutes we finally get to the autopista.

OK, so with getting confused, lost and whatever the Uber bill is twice what it normally would be. I simple logged into my account, rated the driver a one star, and explained his navigation was terrible. Within minutes Uber adjusted my account and charged me the correct fare.

Point being, if you do have a problem with Uber don't hesitate to go online to your account and complain. I believe this is the fourth or fifth time Uber has made adjustments to bills with no problem.
    This is why I prefer Uber over others here in SD for the sole fact I can get a refund or adjustment easily. One night I was going out to grab something to eat on Churchill which I live very close to and the far should of only been 90 - 100 pesos. Driver completely ignores the route and takes the 27 de febrero when people are still getting home from work, so yeah irs busy. When we arrive, fare is 230 for what should've been a 5 minute ride through the side streets. Rated him 1 star and requested a refund. Within minutes received a credit of 138 pesos. Some drivers think they can be slick and fool you.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had the chance to use Uber here on the North Coast. 1st trip from Los Charmicos to the airport. $142.00, easy and much cheaper than the gringo price even the resident gringo price in a tourist taxi. Driver was good, car not the newest Toyota Camry but certainly nowhere near the condition of the average publico.

2nd trip from Costambar area (stalking dv8) to Sosua. $777.00. Nice lady driver, similar 2nd hand Toyota Camry in good shape. I checked the posted tourist rates and the taxis are asking $60 USD for the same trip from the tourists.

It was easy to use Uber. Requested a ride when I was ready to leave and a car was dispatched right away. I'll use Uber again next time I need a ride as well. It costs me more in the long run to request a ride from a friend

14. Likes USA DOC, Africaida, Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Finally had the chance to use Uber here on the North Coast. 1st trip from Los Charmicos to the airport. $142.00, easy and much cheaper than the gringo price even the resident gringo price in a tourist taxi. Driver was good, car not the newest Toyota Camry but certainly nowhere near the condition of the average publico.

2nd trip from Costambar area (stalking dv8) to Sosua. $777.00. Nice lady driver, similar 2nd hand Toyota Camry in good shape. I checked the posted tourist rates and the taxis are asking $60 USD for the same trip from the tourists.

It was easy to use Uber. Requested a ride when I was ready to leave and a car was dispatched right away. I'll use Uber again next time I need a ride as well. It costs me more in the long run to request a ride from a friend
    777DOP vs. $60.00US. Come on really now. Vet or no vet, this is highway robbery.

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast