Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: Uber in Santo Domingo

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Orange was specifically mentioned, but Claro currently has an offer available now, continuing through January featuring unlimited data. The schedule is as follows: 1 Day=$50...3 days=$95...5 days=$140. Of course, in pesos RD.
    Again, this is for Claro. It may be more cost effective for you to pick up a new chip/number, with a new provider (Claro) for the long term. Never anticipate free (gratis) WiFi, especially here in RD.

2. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what the rates would be from Santo Domingo Las Americas , to Santiago ? ... Villa Gonzales area... one person, Evening arrival , Asking this for a very close friend coming in from Europe

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Anyone know what the rates would be from Santo Domingo Las Americas , to Santiago ? ... Villa Gonzales area... one person, Evening arrival , Asking this for a very close friend coming in from Europe
    Give Uber Fare Estimator a try..............

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/?...FYqZswodr5oLhg

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

....new rates in Santiago......what used to be 90 to 100 peso ride is now about 150 pesos, on uber, as of about 2 weeks ago...... the regular taxi and uber are getting closer in price....is anyone surprised??............Doc............

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ....new rates in Santiago......what used to be 90 to 100 peso ride is now about 150 pesos, on uber, as of about 2 weeks ago...... the regular taxi and uber are getting closer in price....is anyone surprised??............Doc............
    Long overdue,,,, as long as the Uber fares do not exceed regular taxi fares i will continue to use Uber. I love the convenience of Uber, clean A/C vehicles, no hassle negotiating on fare, and in most cases courteous drivers. PLUS if any problems arise Uber is quick to resolve the matter.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious the "new rates" have changed or was this the rate during peak hours? I just checked the Uber fare estimator and the base rate is the same. Either way if the rates were to increase no problem with me.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these new rates restricted to the Santiago region?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Uber several times every day to move people around the capital, and the fares have definitely gone up - what used to cost 250 now costs 300, sometimes 330. But to be honest they were way too low before, the drivers weren't making enough to cover the cost of finance on the vehicle and gas. So even though it's costing me more, I think it's a good thing.

10. Likes bigbird, 2dlight liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Dang it, I have an Orange Sim card !
    I have #110# in my contacts as: Más internet. That will get you on the right track.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

....new rates in Santiago......what used to be 90 to 100 peso ride is now about 150 pesos, on uber, as of about 2 weeks ago......................................
    Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I use Uber several times every day to move people around the capital, and the fares have definitely gone up - what used to cost 250 now costs 300, sometimes 330....................................
    Just throwing this out there as general information. If you want to compare your fares from different Uber rides just go online to your Uber account. Every Uber trip you have taken is stored in their database. You will be able to compare the ride you took today with a similar ride from maybe last year. The base fare seems to have not changed. If a trip takes longer or for some reason a longer distance quite naturally the fare would be different.

As always, if you feel you have been cheated just contact Uber.................

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980