Can you recommend good gym?

Clermont

Nov 5, 2015
I'm thinking of taking a bit of a sabbatical and was thinking of Santo Domingo. While I'm there I would like to be able to work out at a quality, clean, gym. Can you recommend any? Thanks in advance.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Planett Fitness is coming to santo domingo, according to their website

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If you come temporary it would be better to go to a budget gym like Smart Fit or the before mentioned Planet fitness that have low or no inscription fee.

I'd say smart fit to be the best option. Body shop and Gold's gym are probably the best high-end gym's but expensive and you have to pay a high inscription fee.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Santo Domingo is a big city. Which area of the city are you looking for a gym?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Body Shop Club in Bella Piazza, Avenida Sarasota, Bella Vista opposite the Bella Vista Mall. Arguably the biggest and best in the Caribbean region. http://www.clubbodyshop.com/app/club_bella_vista.aspx

Body Shop also has a place in Naco on Fantino Falco. That is their main branch and it has a 25 meter swimming pool.

There are Gold Gyms in the city also.

There are also many yoga places offering different kinds of yoga and pilates. Two good ones are located at Plaza Mezzaluna (Piantini) and Novocentro (Naco).

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
If you are a member at the Santo Domingo body shop, are you allowed to use the Santiago one also?

DomCubAm

Oct 25, 2015
Body Shop

Do these gyms offer memberships for cats who visit for one or two weeks?

Body Shop in Bella Vista does daily, weekly, monthly , etc
I don't have the exact numbers but it's an excellent set up
High end so priced accordingly
It's located in the top three floors of a modern high rise

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I was curious myself and I sent an email to The Body Shop and received the following fee schedule, very shocking:

Last edited: