death...dying,,,,your most trusted??? friends...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
An old man was on his deathbed.

He wanted badly to take all his money with him.

He called his priest, his doctor and his lawyer to his bedside.

"Here's $30,000 cash to be held by each of you. I trust you to put this in my coffin when I die so I can take all my money with me."

At the funeral, each man put an envelope in the coffin.

Riding away in a limousine, the priest suddenly broke into tears and confessed that he had only put $20,000 into the envelope because he needed $10,000 for a new baptistery.

"Well, since we're confiding in each other," said the doctor, "I only put $10,000 in the envelope because we needed a new machine at the hospital which cost $20,000."

The lawyer was aghast. "I'm ashamed of both of you," he exclaimed.

"I want it known that when I put my envelope in that coffin, it held my personal check for the full $30,000.":speechles:speechles:speechles:speechles:speechles:speechles

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Oy. Disappointed. I thought this was going to be one of those DR-1 threads where we all open a vein and say who you gonna call; whatcha gonna do when I frickin die here.

For the record, there is an envelope in the files on my desk. Don't let them cremate me. Jews (especially post-Shoah) are not fans.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Darlino/a:
simply google the word. It works. It's pretty effin simple. I am sorry if I am being snarky. But really.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
baptistery
ˈbaptɪst(ə)ri/Submit
noun
the part of a church used for baptism.
historical
a building next to a church, used for baptism.
(in a Baptist chapel) a sunken receptacle used for baptism by total immersion.

This was 3 keystrokes.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Actually forget about the baptistery. Let's concentrate on the money.

The dying man had $30,000. He gave it to the men he trusted to take care of. Well the way I read it, they should have got $10,000 each.

The priest bought a $10,000 shower curtain, the doctor bought a $20,000 machine and the lawyer wrote a cheque for the full amount. So there you are, it all adds up. No harm done!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Darlino/a:
simply google the word. It works. It's pretty effin simple. I am sorry if I am being snarky. But really.
. . .
It's The Clown Bin said:
29c9s90.jpg

At first I thought you were clowning around, but reading on I believe you're really serious!

24xeyvo.jpg

It's "The Clown Bin"