Bus from SD to LA Romana no airports involved

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I want to take a bus from the bus station in SD to LA Romana. Which bus company goes there directly?

Please no directions to or from airports, not going to the airport.

Thanks

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
I want to take a bus from the bus station in SD to LA Romana. Which bus company goes there directly?

Please no directions to or from airports, not going to the airport.

Thanks

We have to go to <La Romana as well, first week of December. Asking around, I was told to
go to Parque Enriquillo in Santo Domingo, where the bus-stops are. And take
the Express-Bus to La Romana.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We have to go to <La Romana as well, first week of December. Asking around, I was told to
go to Parque Enriquillo in Santo Domingo, where the bus-stops are. And take
the Express-Bus to La Romana.

Thank you, do they leave every hour on the hour and where do you buy a ticket? Where in LA Romana do they stop.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
You buy a ticket on board the bus. They leave every hour, or maybe even every half hour; I've never waited long in SD. They stop at the station in La Romana but also will stop anywhere along the way once you hit the outskirts of La Romana, as long as you tell the cobrador. He can also drop you where there will be a taxi if you ask and there are motoconchos waiting at the station. Fare is 180 pesos. Where are you headed?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You buy a ticket on board the bus. They leave every hour, or maybe even every half hour; I've never waited long in SD. They stop at the station in La Romana but also will stop anywhere along the way once you hit the outskirts of La Romana, as long as you tell the cobrador. He can also drop you where there will be a taxi if you ask and there are motoconchos waiting at the station. Fare is 180 pesos. Where are you headed?

I was thinking once in LA Romana I would take a taxi to Dominicus.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Dominicus is very nice.
Your best bet might be to stay on the bus past the bus station and take a taxi from Jumbo - tell the cobrador that you need a taxi to Dominicus from Jumbo. The taxi drivers there are "official", whatever that means, but they are reliable. I can't give you a price on the taxi to Dominicus as I've always taken the guagua but maybe someone else knows the going rate?

Feb 7, 2007
DIS8ASr.png

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Anna, this I could'nt find out yet. The ticket will be bought in the bus , I guess.
In La Romana in the center, I was told.
Will try to find out more detailed.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Taxi to Bayahibe 800p daytime, 1000 nights. Guagua LR-Bayahibe 65p, last about 8pm. Gg Bay-Dominicus 20-25p, I guess only daytime
Double post, sorry.

Last edited:

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Taxi to Bayahibe 800p daytime, 1000 nights. Guagua LR-Bayahibe 65p, last about 8pm, the chicos are friendly, no problem with luggage just pay the double. Gg Bay-Dominicus 20-25p, I guess only daytime.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Thank you, do they leave every hour on the hour and where do you buy a ticket? Where in LA Romana do they stop.
They'll leave you anywhere you want. Just tell them you want to Bayahibe/dominicus and they drop you across the guaguas.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
AnnaC ,yes Rubio has shown the bus stop 100% correctly . The buses do leave from this parrada principal every 30 minutes but not necessarily on the hour and half hour. There are often two buses inside and one will be an Express and the other will have multiple stops and probably go through Juan Dolio and San Pedro . Normally there is a small sign on the windscreen that says Express but ask the driver or ticket collector . The price is 180 pesos and when you arrive in La Romana there will be normally several stops before you arrive at la Parrada Principal which is some distance from central la Romana. You do not need to alight here because the bus then goes on the central park and then to Jumbo, two very central points and which have taxi stands.
Now , a new company has emerged called La Romana Express with newer buses but they only go every hour and the final stop in la Romana in Calle Padre Abrieu is in a most inconvenient position where you may have trouble finding transport except for a moto concho or a shared disintergrating taxi .