Dominicans in Washington STATE

Nov 7, 2015
Hello everyone

Quisiera saber si hay Dominicanos aqui que residen en el estado de Washington, yo vivo en la parte este del estado, proxima al estado de Idaho y la verdad aun no he encontrado ningun Dominicano.
Looking for Dominicas close to me to get together and share our experiences, I grew up on the east coast with Dominicans left and right lol so i need dominicans in my life badly...
If you know anyone around this area or even close to this area Portland Oregon etc..please let me know.

Regards;

Mercedes

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you can't find anyone in your area you might want to try Vancouver. It boarders Washington and there is a quite a few there

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Any Dominican that ventures west of the Appalachians is, in essence, a pioneer at least on the Dominican front.

I don't know the reasons for this, but it might be a combination of tradition (most Dominicans that move to the US head for the northeastern/mid-Atlantic seaboard, and the few that leave that area usually head for Florida or back to the DR) and the ability to reach the DR on a flight that isn't more than 3 hours plus or minus a few minutes. I think most Domincan bound flights from airports west of Appalachia head for Punta Cana and are full of Americans for very obvious reasons.

The OP doesn't simply lives in Washington state, but in the eastern part near Idaho. I seriously doubt more than a handful of Dominicans have ever heard of Idaho. The natural question that arises is: how exactly does a Dominican ends up in such a place?