POP: xmas flee market to gather money for food packages

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my sister in law organizes flee market with purpose of collecting money for making food packages distributed among the poorest during xmas time. the market will take place in puerto plata, in a small park in front of bomberos on the 12th of december.

she is looking for donation of clothes, shoes and small household items (plates, towels and so on). if you are interested in donating your old clothing for this purpose please send me a PM. i can either pick the items or put you in touch with the organizers.

alternatively you may want to contribute by visiting the flee market and making a purchase. let others know as well. i still do not know what time the market will start. in previous years all goods were sold fast and money was used to make basic food packages distributed around POP area. if you want more details regarding this, please PM and i will put you in touch with my SIL.

thanks.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
my sister in law organizes flee market with purpose of collecting money for making food packages distributed among the poorest during xmas time. the market will take place in puerto plata, in a small park in front of bomberos on the 12th of december.

she is looking for donation of clothes, shoes and small household items (plates, towels and so on). if you are interested in donating your old clothing for this purpose please send me a PM. i can either pick the items or put you in touch with the organizers.

alternatively you may want to contribute by visiting the flee market and making a purchase. let others know as well. i still do not know what time the market will start. in previous years all goods were sold fast and money was used to make basic food packages distributed around POP area. if you want more details regarding this, please PM and i will put you in touch with my SIL.

thanks.

i will make a cash donation. just let me know where i can drop it off.

she could make a pretty penny selling pictures of herself.

just kidding!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks for generosity, guys. gorgon, let's change PMs, we can meet at your convenience. irishpaddy, let me check with my SIL about that. are you outside of DR? or away from north coast. i don't know if there would be any good way to send money.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one of our members has generously agreed to set a donation point in fraggle rock restaurant in sosua. if you have any spare goodies, you can leave them there.
also, the pulga will take place on the 5th of december now so i will pick up all the items from sosua on the 28-29th of november, so they can get sorted.
thanks.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i love it when the churches are giving away food....never seen so many new jeepetas....all in line burning fuel...

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
Do you think she would be able to sell second hand novels in English and general bric-a-brac?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am in new York
thanks for generosity, guys. gorgon, let's change PMs, we can meet at your convenience. irishpaddy, let me check with my SIL about that. are you outside of DR? or away from north coast. i don't know if there would be any good way to send money.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am grateful for all the donations received so far. if you have any old clothing, shoes and household items please remember that the collection point in sosua is in fraggle rock. grab a cold fria while you're there. this weekend is the last one before the pulga too.
thanks to all.

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
We did a first run to Puerto Plata with the items generously donated by residents in Sosua. Whilst we were away more things were left at Fraggle Rock, subject to dv8 being available, I will do a final delivery on Thursday so you still have a couple of days to sort out those clothes you never wear and items you never use.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it was great to meet both of you today, thank you for a coffee! and for such generous donation.

we are organizing the stock but donations are still welcomed. i will pick up things if they are in POP.

i will follow with pictures of the event.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
big thank you to people of sosua and montellano for donations received yesterday.

the pulga is tomorrow, i will be there and i will post some pictures so you folks know how it went.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few pictures from yesterday:

2lo3x3m.jpg

1ibqy0.jpg

30t101l.jpg

2vvrm95.jpg

b3jz7q.jpg

2dr6s6s.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there were not as many buyers as we hoped so we will do la pulga again on thursday.
what we have left: men's pants, shorts, shirts and polos; women's pants, shorts, tops and dresses.
items are priced from 50 to 250 pesos.
there are also other items, from fabric to bracelets.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now i am told that it's gonna be on the 16th. what can i say, i just tag along. :tired:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will post pics from yday later.

la pulga went well and we sold a lot. whatever clothing did not sell was packed in bags and given to two local churches that work with people in bateyes and poor barrios. they will give those items away to people who need them. small miscellaneous items like toys were given to bomberos.

i don't know exactly how much money was collected so far because we are still receiving cash for items. it's about 50k pesos or so.

we will be doing food packages over the weekend: rice, beans, pasta, sugar, salt, sardines, tomato paste, salami, that kind of things. the plan is to deliver them early next week.

thanks to everyone who participated!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i will post pics from yday later.

la pulga went well and we sold a lot. whatever clothing did not sell was packed in bags and given to two local churches that work with people in bateyes and poor barrios. they will give those items away to people who need them. small miscellaneous items like toys were given to bomberos.

i don't know exactly how much money was collected so far because we are still receiving cash for items. it's about 50k pesos or so.

we will be doing food packages over the weekend: rice, beans, pasta, sugar, salt, sardines, tomato paste, salami, that kind of things. the plan is to deliver them early next week.

thanks to everyone who participated!

kudos for the great work...