Anoeca Investments?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am intrigued Fredric - if you have not heard of them, why the "Thumbs Down"? This indicates the company is 'No Good' & I am sure they would be interested in your comments. Why not try contacting the owners, finding more about them & then making an assesment?

I have known of Anoeca for some 5 years & have always found them to be a reliable company to deal with - no B***s**t, no false claims & don't talk down about people they don't know about. If you write to Alberto (the CEO of Anoeca) or his brother Braulio, I am sure they would be happy to tell you all about their company.

Hey, they might not have heard about you, but I am sure they wouldn't give YOU a 'Thumbs Down" - well, not yet anyway!!

Regards - Grahame Bush.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry Jazzcom, forgot to add:-

You are absolutely right about their web-site "pop-ups". I have mentioned this to Alberto before & steps are being taken to try & improve the ambience of the site I am told. Information Technology is new here & finding the right web designer is not always easy if you don't understand the technology involved.

See you soon - Grahame.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
BushBaby said:
... about their web-site "pop-ups". I have mentioned this to Alberto before & steps are being taken to try & improve the ambience of the site I am told. Information Technology is new here & finding the right web designer is not always easy if you don't understand the technology involved...

FYI:

Their page has pop-ups and banner ads because it is located on a free site that includes these when allowing people to put up their pages on the site for free.

It means ... they chose not to pay to host their page, did not know any better, haven't gotten around to locating it on a paid host, ... or whatever.

The fix this is to pay for the page to be hosted. The web
designer is not relevant.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Agreed Jim - sorry if I didn't make it clear. What I am trying to get them to do is change to someone who will host it & keep this sort of banner advertising away from the site. A whole load of links could be shown too plus getting the site as a link onto many other related sites - this, so far, has not been done, There were other complications with the setting up of the site, but I did not wish to go into those, especially on this board.

Due to political reasons, no alterations/ammendments can be made at the moment, but in mid Feb. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who feels they can advise on how this site & one other, should be hosted & how to make them both more marketing orientated. - Grahame Bush.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I was with the owner/CEO of Anoeca today, helping him with some English clients who want to invest some more with him. I spoke to him about the web-site & I have been asked to investigate how a better service/web-page can be put together. I am a DUNCE as far as computers are concerned - I type (four fingers maximum), use some basic programs & use internet a bit, but putting a web-page together & getting the best responses to that site?? .... Uhh Uh, not my forte. I need inexpensive (or free) advice/help. Any takers???

I also spoke about Fredric's comments & the 'Thumbs Down' in this string but to-date the company has not heard from the DR1 'Expert' to find out more.

So Fredric, if you would like to write to ME, I shall gladly tell you of my experiences with this company over the past 4 years & where I do not have the expertise to answer your specific questions, I shall forward them (& check that you get a reply from) the company Alberto Noesi C. por A. (Anoeca). In this way we will ensure that you have more & correct information to pass on to enquirers. - Grahame Bush.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
looks shaky

jjsk

I looked at this web site....first of all, they cant spell..."excellant opportinuty"......"stragity"...this web site seems to be with Ascot Advisory...I read the article on this link...they conclude that the banking system is more secure in the DR than in the US....that's highly unlikely...they make many assertions and allusions in that article (as in why interest rates on credit cards are so high) that are misleading at best...I odnt trust what I have seen...dont give them any of your money unless you find an impartial and very informed source to help you look into it

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
With regard to the article written by Ascot Advisory, .... I couldn't agree with you more. When I first saw that article months ago, I thought it to be verbocious, in-accurate & very misleading in the extreme. I do not like seeing that there, but at the moment I can do little about it - maybe soon!). I have met both CEO's & know where my trust lies & my money stays where it is!!

I have been an investor with Anoeca for about 4 years & in that time I have had only ONE delay of payment of interest. That was for a period of one week only & I was made aware of the very legitimate reason for that delay - there was nothing that Alberto Noesi could have done to foresee the problem that caused him to withhold for one week (in fact I think he did extremely well to overcome the problem within the one week!!

I am trying (as you will see from the above posts) to change certain aspects of this company's marketing which I consider to be illconceived. Don't blame Anoeca for spelling mistakes made in the Ascot Advisory article, that was written by an American!! The other information in their webpage was written by a Canadian - both of whom are natural English speakers & therefore SHOULD have spelt the words correctly. I will try to get permision to proff read articles in future to avoid tjhis sort of error - maybe they can employ me as a part-time consultant!!

In the interest of pointing out how easy it is to make typing errors & not notice after you have written them, you say ...

"they make many assertions and allusions in that article (as in why interest rates on credit cards are so high) that are misleading at best...I odnt trust what I have seen...dont give them any of your money unless you find an impartial and very informed source to help you look into it"

The word "allusions" should be "illusions", "odnt" I think you meant to be "Don't", "dont" I am sure you meant to be "Don't".

I totally agree with the comment about impartial & informed source, I try to be just that. I will take your criticsm to Anoeca on Monday & see if the corrections can be made before the present administrator of the web-site leaves, if not, it will have to wait a month until I can get the company to take on someone else to jhost the site AND they allow me to do the proof reading.

Thanks for your comments - they were heard. - Grahame Bush.

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
back to the original question

Discussion on the value of their website aside, can anyone else speak about their legitimacy as a company?

<sub>if they're legit, heck, I'll redo their webpage for them</sub>

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
to BushBaby

thanks for pointing out my spelling error also...touche, i guess...however, the word "allusion" was the correct one...it is not the same as the word "illusion"...since you have had a good relationship with this investment group, why dont you post some details on exactly what they invest in...what kind of safeguards they have...any insurance they take out...what are the risks involved in their ivestment instruments...and so forth...even though i am not actively looking to invest in the DR right now....at some point soon, I will do so...so i also appreciate any info i can get in preparation....they mention real estate (the web site has it as just one word) in particular...do you know if they buy and rent...buy and sel..etc...how do they make their money in R.E.

thanks

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
For Mondongo

Thank you for your response. I note that I too have made some "Typos" in replying to you ....... easy isn't it?

My relationship with Albert Noesi C. por A. (ANOECA) is a good one true - I have been investing with them for 4 years as stated above, & never had any problems with them. However, I am not a salesman for them, nor their Marketing consultant ..... YET. This may change after these posts!!!! I prefer to keep any comments I make with regard to the company on a 'one to one' basis as I find investing is a very "personal" thing & I would hate to mis-advise anyone by making global comments, especially when I am not directly involved with the organisations I am commenting on. Further, I try to be impartial in all my comments & the other organisations I recommend, may see this post as me giving preferrential treatment to Anoeca.

From my understanding, Anoeca aquire property by:-
1) having to forclose nbecause repayments have not been kept up to date
2) they have a number of foreign investors who sometimes decide to return to their homeland & need to sell their property, prefering payment in US dollars, so they agree a lower (& very favourable to Anoeca) value with Anoeca. Anoeca then sell on at a competative rate but making a reasonable profit.
3) due to their involvement in the finance sector & with Realtors, they hear of "good deals" in properties & when cash flow allows, (& they think they have a quick sale available to one of their contacts) they will buy & sell.

As far as I am aware, they do not have a buy & rent policy. They will rent properties that have not yet sold on a temporary basis to assist someone they know or is an investor.

If you would care to e-mail me direct, I will gladly go into the offices of Anoeca & get you THEIR answers (hell, .... it might get me that "Consultants job!!), & they or I will respond accordingly. I know how the security aspect works for ME & the people I have already introduced to Anoeca, & THAT is all that is important to me.

Hope this doesn't get me into too much problem with the other friends I have - Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
jjsk said:
http://puertoplata.8m.com/

Is anyone familiiar with this company?
Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated
thnx :)

I met with Graham in Puerto Plata on Friday. He was a very gracious person and very helpful.

Graham introduced me to one of the Brothers/Partners and I was very impressed with him. Real pleasant and seemed real sincere. I am going to meet with him again next month. I will more likely than not invest with him then.

He also took me to the attorney Graciella Furmin, his cousin which was real nice of him. I mentioned in our conversation that she didnt get back to me when I emailed her. He speaks English and translated for me. I got the process done and it is in the works now. I go down next month and then to the capitol with her for blood tests etc.. Originally recommended by Maxx (Tanks Maxx) she also mentioned that I was the 3rd one maxx recommended.

I recommend an investment of a phone call to him or meet with him your next time down.

Between translating my dealings with Graciella regarding my residency he received a stack of brand new money and a contract that one of her clients invested with him. So, he is for real and I think I can benefit from what he does. You can invest with him both in Peso's and Dollars which was something new that I learned. I don't even think that Graham even knew that and Graham has been investing with him for 4 years.

Email me for anything else.

Scott

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Safe investments in DR

Independent financiers and financing companies are a major risk in the Dominican Republic. The recent history is not very flattering. The DR Bank Superintendent is still paying off defaulted paper from financial companies since the early 1990's and the people who invested are only getting back a portion of the face value in 1990 equivalent pesos. A total loss to them and many sleepeless nights.

Although less desirable interest rates of 16-17% at the present with Bolsa de Valores, commercial paper and certificates obtained from banks directly are much more reliable. If you live here you can monitor your investments on a daily basis and your money placed in 30-180 day certificates can hardly go wrong. Usually, the commercial paper issued is with companies that have been in business in DR for more than 50 years. I have been putting my money in this since 1993 and have never gone wrong.

I make quite a good living with this and have never worked since. I am not a broker though. My advice can be obtained rather easily thru this forum. My recommendation is sticking to the four largest Dominican Banks in DR and dealing your paper thru them.

With this I am not making a blanket statement about everyone involved in this business. But the facts are there in the press. DR is a very risky place to do financial business if you don't have the right information.

TW

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the insights, TW.
What would you recommend for someone isn't lucky enough to live in the DR and be able to regularly monitor investments there?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey jjsk

Unless you have someone in DR who you absolutely and totally trust, something very hard to find in this country(personally, I do not trust anyone with my money unless it is an established institution) here's what I suggest:

Banco BHD thru COTISA, Bancredito, Baninter, Banco Popular and Banco Del Progreso are involved in the type of investments tools I have talked about. They have several choices. They can select from commercial paper or, fixed certificates with the bank. Either way it is safe. Bank fixed certificates are safer and only slightly lower in interests.

Select one of the banks, and contact the officer who handles their investments. Some are connected with Bolsa De Valores and have a chair in that group. Set up your account with the officer and let them know your needs. They can easily transfer your interest earned either to your savings account, checking account or even your credit card and ATM. At maturity time, ususally 30 to 180 days(a week before) you contact your officer by phone, fax or e-mail to check on your renewal options. They can renew without you being present, and if you forget or just do nothing, they will automatically renew at the present rate going. You also have a week's grace period to change things. I suggest following up all the time and obtaining a written report and your renewal certificate with receipt.

I have certificates with COTISA(Banco BHD's investment unit) and Bancredito and its is working quite well. Banco Central's certificate are safe too, but they do not have the automated systems to help you in this way. They also have web pages to consult. For commercial paper being offered in Bolsa de Valores check their website at www.bolsard.com. Amounts lower than $500,000 pesos pay about 14.5%. After $1,000,000 you can get 16% or more. This fluctuates monthly. Right now interests are up.

When you are in DR you have the luxury of managing your money side by side with a professional consultant at no cost to you. The risk is extremely low, since the certificates are short term and the investments are well know projects with reputable companies. I suggest you also read the economic pages of our newspapers in the web as well as foreign financial magazines, such as The Economist to keep up of Dominican financial news. Few Dominicans who keep up get caught by surprise by unscrupulous financiers.

And always, always use this as your motto:"If it sounds too good to be true......keep it under your mattress". A note of caution: People involved in this business are usually graduates of business schools in the USA. They either have good proficiency in the language, or have access to people who can communicate well. If a financial prospectus has bad translations, wrong financial terms or simply sloppy language then stay away from it.

TW

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
currency forward contract

TW, When investing (especially when retired, like yourself) , the number one rule is capital safety. I agree that you should stick to certificates of VERY reputeble banks and institutions. Aso keeping them short, as you have, gives you a better opportunity to head for the exits when trouble looms.

Question for you and your financial advisors: is there a market for hedging your exchange risk with what are called forward currency contracts? These set up the delivery of a currency at a time in the future at an agreed upon exchange rate.

thanks ,
mondongo

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: currency forward contract

mondongo said:
TW, When investing (especially when retired, like yourself) , the number one rule is capital safety. I agree that you should stick to certificates of VERY reputeble banks and institutions. Aso keeping them short, as you have, gives you a better opportunity to head for the exits when trouble looms.

Question for you and your financial advisors: is there a market for hedging your exchange risk with what are called forward currency contracts? These set up the delivery of a currency at a time in the future at an agreed upon exchange rate.

thanks ,
mondongo

Can't you just do this in the US? I am pretty sure that they offer trade in DR Pesos. I did this with Euros a few years ago when they first came out.