where to go

mitch

Jan 22, 2002
where is the best place for your money? somewhere with lots of activity? and good sight seeing and good markets? is it better to go all inclsive?

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Mitch

What type of activity? A-I ....do you want to just stay at the resort....or are you gonna be out and about all the time? If your gonna be out and about....remember every drink and meal you buy outside of the resort.....your paying twice for it! Then again if it is your first time in the DR.....maybe a A-I is the way to go , to get the lay of the land....so to speak. Personally I think staying at a little hotel is best, so as, you come and go as you please and eat what you want when you want! Some others will reply Mitch, listen and take it all in and then make your decision! Also what part of the island are you flying into....how long you staying? These answers will help people give a more informed answer! What ever you do.....you should have a wonderful time(I always do!)and remember to come back and let us know how your vacation went!
HAVE FUN & BE CAREFUL

Matt Juba

Jan 12, 2002
I agree with Doug - it depends on what you're looking for. If you're fairly young and energetic it's hard to beat the Cabarete area. We have vacationed with family in Sosua (about 11kms away) and the kids always had a ball there (diving and snorkeling) and in Cabarete (windsurfing, surfing and the such). The north shore has lots of variety - if you express what exactly you like I'm sure others will reply with their thoughts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do I hear an echo??

Both of these posters are quite correct.

I am partial to the North Shore. If you like the very pampered life of an all-inclusive, you might like Punta Cana.

If you are into hectic activities, try Boca Chica, but watch the wallet. (I can't believe I said Boca Chica!)

North Shore Cabarete or Sosua or even Playa Dorada are well stocked with things to do...

A lot depends on who you go with and what you are looking for.

HB