american drowns in bavaro

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
on which beach was it?
the Press often names anything between Cap Cana and Uvero Alto "Bavaro Beach".
currents along the real "Bavaro Beach" are for most part smooth, Punta Cana's calm area.
it can get wavy along the part at Cortecito, specially areound the corner from Princess to LTI.
somebody knows more specific where it happened?

Mike

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I notice the newspapers do not seem to report which hotel for this kind of incident. I speculate they do this to "protect" the hotel from negative publicity. I wondered too near what hotel. There are many people along most stretches of beach. Lifeguards at some hotels, and many security guards. It is not dangerous near in, deeper but not treacherous farther out. But it is a long stretch of beaches and hotels and there are areas in between that don't always have people. RIP.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I notice the newspapers do not seem to report which hotel for this kind of incident. I speculate they do this to "protect" the hotel from negative publicity. I wondered too near what hotel. There are many people along most stretches of beach. Lifeguards at some hotels, and many security guards. It is not dangerous near in, deeper but not treacherous farther out. But it is a long stretch of beaches and hotels and there are areas in between that don't always have people. RIP.

usually the exact beach location is mentioned on such accidents.
i assume they wrote the article right away after they heard something happened,
without deeper research on the case.

Mike

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I thought I remembered another one recently that did not name the hotel. Quizas no.

I wonder where these things happen because I walk and swim there.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I thought I remembered another one recently that did not name the hotel. Quizas no.

I wonder where these things happen because I walk and swim there.

with 50-60.000 guests at those beaches at a time,
things happen once in a while
and due different reasons/circumstances.
people get exhausted and get a heart attack,
people underestimate the powers of even weak currents,
people do not obeye by the shown warning flaggs,
... the list goes on and on.
i was out of the area today, on the southshores,
so i did not talk to anybody on the beach today, no news told to me about the circumstances.
the article states he was swimming with his spouse,
so in case of any troubles for him, she could have yelled for help on a filled beach.
but we don't even know if it happened right on a resort beach with many people,
or on a secluded section without others,
if it was due Ocean Conditions or what ever ...

Mike

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
A friend is there now and mentioned this on a Facebook post yesterday they were speaking to the guy moments before, apparently is was his Birthday and he was on his honeymoon.

RIP

Feb 7, 2007

He must have been beyond the cord ("soga") that floats along the whole PUJ coast.

Feb 7, 2007
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...nton-riptide?p=1202517&viewfull=1#post1202517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=alPBqhvEGzg&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z7_2J7dGL0&feature=related

We have had multiple threads on the similar subjects.

This could be easily solved if hotels offered this simple printout along with their welcome booklets at check in.

rip_current_poster.jpg

Nov 27, 2015
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
A friend is there now and mentioned this on a Facebook post yesterday they were speaking to the guy moments before, apparently is was his Birthday and he was on his honeymoon.

RIP

Hi ggparts. I am a family member of his and seeking for some clarity as to what exactly happened down there. Would I be able to contact your friend on Facebook or do you have an account as to what happened?