Dealing with neighbor's loud radio anonimously?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
My girlfriend's parents have this very obnoxious neighbor that turns on the radio as high as possible from early in the morning to late at night. A neighbor called the cops last year, but the obnoxious neighbor eventually found out who called and they started shooting the place up. He ended up having to move for his family's safety.

We'd let it go but my gf's sister had a baby, and she wants her parents to take care of her while she works. We beed to deal with this, but without anyone knowing who's complaining.

So what can we do? They live in a poor neighborhood in Santiago.

Thanks.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
So what can we do?
Thanks.

earplugs.jpgearplugs.jpg

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Shoot him before he shoots you. From my experience there is no such thing as annominity here.
Either that or take Bronxboys advice and buy ear plugs.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
* IF* they have kids buy the kids Ice cream and tell them if they can convince the adults to keep the music down, you will buy them Ice cream on a periodic basis.. If its Loud again, tell the kids, SORRY no ice cream, the music was too loud..
LOL
hey its as good as any other plane.. I heard this works in Trailer Parks. not sure what its worth. but hey , better than getting into a gun fight or argument.

Fastest way to a persons Heart is through their KIDS.. no matter how tough or gangster or hard they are.
They see you being nice to their kids, they will back it down out of courtesy , imo.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't worry about the baby they can sleep through anything. We had a store played music all the time. They are just fine today. :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Call 911, they handle ruido. Why would they found out it's you who called. They don't ask who you are. I called anti Ruido a bunch of times when I had extra happy neighbors and they did pass by and told him to lower it. The neighbor knew it was me though because I had been the only one complaining to him, but nothing happened. The noise actually stopped though when the guy died. Tragic end of it.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Have you, the gf's sister or the parents spoken to the "offender" ?
That might sort it out...... well one can hope.

I dont caution this anonymus buisness..... I would be pi$$ed too if someone called the cops on me for something like that, without coming to me first..... just saying.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Have you, the gf's sister or the parents spoken to the "offender" ?
That might sort it out...... well one can hope.

I dont caution this anonymus buisness..... I would be pi$$ed too if someone called the cops on me for something like that, without coming to me first..... just saying.

this is a caribbean country. people get really incensed when others run to the police to snitch on them. do not do it except in cases where it is absolutely necessary.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
this is a caribbean country. people get really incensed when others run to the police to snitch on them. do not do it except in cases where it is absolutely necessary.

As in most countries, i guess....

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
My girlfriend's parents have this very obnoxious neighbor that turns on the radio as high as possible from early in the morning to late at night. A neighbor called the cops last year, but the obnoxious neighbor eventually found out who called and they started shooting the place up. He ended up having to move for his family's safety.

We'd let it go but my gf's sister had a baby, and she wants her parents to take care of her while she works. We beed to deal with this, but without anyone knowing who's complaining.

So what can we do? They live in a poor neighborhood in Santiago.

Thanks.

Tough situation and I feel for you all. Uneduacted idiots that think they are DJ's for the neighborhood. Response depends upon the neighborhood. Clearly 911 is an option but it will not solve the problem long term. Who is the police chief in the area and do Tigres fear him? Are other neighbors annoyed by this? We had a similar issue for a while and myself and a few neighnors spoke to the local Jeffe who backed our zero tollerance on loud music. The guilty moved and a nice couple replaced them. Perhaps we were lucky. Stength in numbers and zero tollerence. Broken Window therory applies. In NYC grafiti artists destroyed trains every night and Mayor Rudy G had the trains cleaned the very next day - went on for months at a huge expense but guess what. The tag artists tired out.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I don't know about you, but I would probably stop saying hi, not shoot that neighbor.:bandit:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Either live with it or move.

Just this morning in the news is an article about someone who was killed for complaining about neighbor's noise, 4 years ago. There was a witness, who left the country for New York [gee, I wonder why??] and yesterday they testified at the trial via Skype from the Dominican Consulate in NY. Their identity has been withheld. Over noise.

Computer translated
RD murder witness states from headquarters consulate in N. York

NEW York.-In an unprecedented and in compliance with the provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Dominican Republic, the consulate of that country that facilitated its headquarters, a video trav?sde a witness to a murder narrate what He saw in a trial held in Santo Domingo.

The Consul Eduardo Selman instructed the relevant personnel to act in coordination with the judicial authorities and condition necessary equipment in his office to witness the murder happened four years ago could answer questions from lawyers and prosecutors of the National District .

The Dominican, whose name is kept in reserve for obvious reasons, offered his version as witness in the case in which a man was gunned down after a dispute over discomfort caused by "musical noise".

The hearing was held in a court of Santo Domingo, being transmitted simultaneously via Skype chat to the office of consul Selman, who stood next to the respondent while she was questioned.

After procedural incidents where the defense objected to the virtual procedure, the judges of the appellate court approved the measure and could continue the process.

With the identification of the consul Selman and prior to this have certified the identity of the witness, it was took the oath of office and proceeded to hear his testimony. Later the witness was questioned by the defense and contrainterrogada the accused and the prosecution.

To carry out the intercom videoconferencing in a landmark court event was attended staff of the Ministry of Foreign exterior (MIREX), the Attorney General's Office and members of the court where the trial is vented.

Selman was assisted in logistics in this kind of "modern letters rogatory" by his lawyers assistants Katia Lucia Fernandez and cost; Dr. Tamayo Tejada, vice consul in charge of the Legal Department, and Juan Mora, director of the Technical Department.

http://almomento.net/mujer-presencio-asesinato-en-rd-testimonia-desde-en-consulado/155478

Aug 6, 2006
One of my neighbors' friends was working on his car in the neighbor's yard, and played some really annoying rap music for several hours once. I put my speakers in the window and played the 1812 Overture at top volume.
\In ten minutes he switched off his "music"