Ideas for Friday or Saturday evening in Santo Domingo

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
My wife and I will be in Santo Domingo for December 4 and 5. Her cousins usually have plans for us, but this time I would like to be able to create an enjoyable itinerary. What would be a memorable evening for four couples? We love dancing, live music and seafood. Thank you.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I am assuming that you are over the 40 mark but maybe wrong. If you are , the options for seafood combined with dancing to live music are extremely limited. However I have a friend, Omar Lovelace who is a fantastic singer of boleros and Dominican hit music and normally with a band in a restaurant in Piantini and another in a club in Arroyo Hondo..will investigate and report back with specifics .

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
My wife and I will be in Santo Domingo for December 4 and 5. Her cousins usually have plans for us, but this time I would like to be able to create an enjoyable itinerary. What would be a memorable evening for four couples? We love dancing, live music and seafood. Thank you.

Depends on your tastes in live music.....if you're into rock and blues....Saturday night at Vienna Caribe on the Malecon just west of Casa de Espana, is hard to beat. Good food, good beers and great bands

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
We are in our 50s and enjoy all types of music. I was thinking merengue, but rock and blues may be a welcomed change of pace for her family. Our favorites clubs in NYC are jazz/blues in a casual, comfortable setting. Thank you.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
If you like jazz, go to meson de la cava for dinner and then head to dominican fiesta for live jazz on friday nights. The rock and blues at vienna caribe is great. For merengue the merengue bar at the jaragua is a safe bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk