child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
What happens to child support payments if my boyfriend loses his job? Do they accrue or stop until he is employed again?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
child support here is about thirty bucks a month. Not worth it to have the sob coming around, especially if he smells a gringo.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
My boyfriend makes 8000DOP/month. He faithfully pays 1000DOP on the 15th and 1000DOP on the 30th. He might lose his job and I want to know if he is responsible for child support if he has no income. In Canada child support is based on income. How does it work here ?

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
My boyfriend makes 8000DOP/month. He faithfully pays 1000DOP on the 15th and 1000DOP on the 30th. He might lose his job and I want to know if he is responsible for child support if he has no income. In Canada child support is based on income. How does it work here ?

Doesn't he know?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If the guy has always worked and always paid then I'm sure he will do the right thing. 25% of a very low wage is extremely rare to receive from a Dominican.
I take it you took him to court for this $RD2000 per month? Then you will know that the magistrates do not impose the impossible. The guy has paid 25% of an RD8000 wage which is terribly rare for a Dominican, unless he is living with you and you are basically keeping him otherwise, rent etc. then that would make more sense from a Dominican guy.
What do you want to happen? Even Dominican magistrates will not order the same support from an unempolyed guy they asked from an employed guy. It will not build up, just be glad if you get anything.

Last edited:

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
If the guy has always worked and always paid then I'm sure he will do the right thing. 25% of a very low wage is extremely rare to receive from a Dominican.
I take it you took him to court for this $RD2000 per month? Then you will know that the magistrates do not impose the impossible. The guy has paid 25% of an RD8000 wage which is terribly rare for a Dominican, unless he is living with you and you are basically keeping him otherwise, rent etc. then that would make more sense from a Dominican guy.
What do you want to happen? Even Dominican magistrates will not order the same support from an unempolyed guy they asked from an employed guy. It will not build up, just be glad if you get anything.

He is paying his ex, not me. The kid is 5. I don't want to be responsible for his kid.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
He is paying his ex, not me. The kid is 5. I don't want to be responsible for his kid.

Do you know he pays this, or does he tell you this? It is very unusual, barrio low earners pay as little as possible, low earners I know might pay RD650-750 if anything at all. And no you will never be responsible for his child, and he will not be in trouble for not paying anything of nothing, even in DR. It doesn't build up as I said earlier. On that wage he would not be in trouble anyway, such low earners tend to be asked to pay what they can, if not then the magistrate will tear a strip off them and tell them to do better then dismiss them. It's a vicious cycle of getting nowhere and the courts doing nothing.
But you have nothing to worry about, that is for sure.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Do you know he pays this, or does he tell you this? It is very unusual, barrio low earners pay as little as possible, low earners I know might pay RD650-750 if anything at all. And no you will never be responsible for his child, and he will not be in trouble for not paying anything of nothing, even in DR. It doesn't build up as I said earlier. On that wage he would not be in trouble anyway, such low earners tend to be asked to pay what they can, if not then the magistrate will tear a strip off them and tell them to do better then dismiss them. It's a vicious cycle of getting nowhere and the courts doing nothing.
But you have nothing to worry about, that is for sure.

I see the El Caribe receipt every time he pays. When he told the mother he wants a dna test she had a meltdown. Doesn't surprise me considering she has 4 kids with 4 different men.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I see the El Caribe receipt every time he pays. When he told the mother he wants a dna test she had a meltdown. Doesn't surprise me considering she has 4 kids with 4 different men.

Sounds like a classy lady, he has the right to demand a dna test. If she refuses then she automatically forfeits her right to support until she does agree, this I know 100% as have seen this play out in court. You sure it is going to her and not his mother?

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Sounds like a classy lady, he has the right to demand a dna test. If she refuses then she automatically forfeits her right to support until she does agree, this I know 100% as have seen this play out in court. You sure it is going to her and not his mother?

His mother is dead . Met his ex and kid. She was a 1 night stand , until she told him she was pregnant .

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Andrea, the fact that your boyfriend is consistently paying child support without the proof of a DNA test and, by all accounts here, without the threat of legal enforcement, tells me he is an honorable, sincere fellow. Hope it continues to go smoothly for all.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Andrea, the fact that your boyfriend is consistently paying child support without the proof of a DNA test and, by all accounts here, without the threat of legal enforcement, tells me he is an honorable, sincere fellow. Hope it continues to go smoothly for all.

You're right, almost unheard of.:paranoid:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Termino de la Obligaci?n.

La obligaci?n de prestar alimentos (pensi?n) cesa cuando:
El obligado a prestarlos fallece.
Los recursos del que est? obligado se reducen hasta el punto de si los satisface pone en peligro su propia subsistencia y la de su nueva familia.
La persona que recibe los alimentos, puede ejercer una profesi?n u oficio o su situaci?n econ?mica ha mejorado de forma que no necesita la pensi?n de alimentos para subsistir.
Si el alimentista comete alguna de las faltas que dan lugar a la desheredaci?n.
Si la necesidad del hijo se debe a una mala conducta o a la falta de aplicaci?n en el trabajo, perder? su derecho a percibir alimentos mientras dure este comportamiento.
En caso de pensi?n fijada en favor de los hijos, termina la obligaci?n, cuando ?stos cumplen 18 a?os de edad. Subsiste la obligaci?n cuando los hijos siendo mayores de edad son incapaces de atender a sus necesidades.

http://curiosidadesjuridicasyalgomas.blogspot.com/2013/11/la-pension-alimentaria-o-pension.html
info also here: http://acento.com.do/2014/opinion/8184253-regimen-de-pension-alimenticia-en-republica-dominicana/
and many other articles.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
His mother is dead . Met his ex and kid. She was a 1 night stand , until she told him she was pregnant .

Are you sure he stopped hitting that popola? Dominican men in general don't like to pay for a child but they pay for popola and more so if they get only get paid 8000 per month. Is he on the birth certificate of the child?
I don't know maybe it's just me but bells are starting to ring here.

Status
Not open for further replies.