marriage contract

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
A friend of mine is about to marry and wanted to do a marriage contract.
Does anybody know how much it will cost (proximately) and will it be registered somewhere?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Always wondered if pre-nups hold water in DR, be interesting to hear peoples experiences.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have been told that they do not stand up in case of divorce., no matter where the pre nuptual contrats are made . In disputed cases , or when one party refuses to agree to a divorce that is to be made in the DR, seperation of assets is made according to Dominican law. In other countries, pre nups also may fail if one party can show that his or her contribution to the marriage eith in money terms or in hours spent is much more than envisaged befre the marriage . But that is in countries that have regard to precedence..here it is exactly what the law says without regard for circumstances.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Always wondered if pre-nups hold water in DR, be interesting to hear peoples experiences.

Most of the pre-nups I have seen are not worth the paper they are printed on in any country. Most don't take mutually aquired assets into the agreement. So as things change so should expectations.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i signed a prenup but alas, i am not divorced so i do not know whether it stands.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
A pre-nup monetizes and, by definition, weakens the most important and potentially wonderful relationship in your entire life. When I met my wife, she was by far the poorest person I had ever met, but she is, also, the most loving, brilliant, beautiful and caring person I ever met. She brought infinitely more to our relationship and life than I could imagine providing for her financially. Simply because money is the only quantifiable component of a relationship does not mean doing so is the best route for either party. "It is better to have loved and lost....."

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i disagree. love is love, money is money. every couple should be forced to sign a prenup, it can save a lot of future grief during the divorce. one rarely sees couples who break up amicably.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i disagree. love is love, money is money. every couple should be forced to sign a prenup, it can save a lot of future grief during the divorce. one rarely sees couples who break up amicably.

I did it........... amicably

So Calif girl who had never seen snow.......
moved her to the frozen north.

HUGE differences, weather wise and culturally........ insurmountable, they turned out to be.

Nothing to it, sit down split it up and buy an airplane back to Calif.

Sounds easy and parts of it were........
but the breakup part is awful.... no matter who is the initiating party

Divorce 101 is not a course offered anywhere

There were some hilarious moments..... and some not so hilarious

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Best divorce financial advise I've seen was for one person in the divorce make two lists of all assets half on one list and the other half on the other list. Then the person who didn't make the lists chooses which of the two s/he wants as their half.

Genius. A grander scale of "you break the cookie and I'll select the half I want".

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i signed a prenup but alas, i am not divorced so i do not know whether it stands.

Him being Dominican lays weight towards pre-nups do stand up in court. But I wonder if it stands the other way around. Your husband has the money, but if it was you who had money would it stand as strong in court? Probably not?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Prenups are common in the Dominican Republic and have stood up in court when properly done.

Under new Law 544-14, the spouses can even have a foreign law govern the marriage.

Make sure to consult a knowledgeable family lawyer.

Cost depends, as always, on the complexity of the agreement. At Guzm?n Ariza I usually did simple prenups for free to established clients as a marriage present.

larrydriver

Dec 2, 2015
This not right buddy to sign a contract before marriage. Marriage is a true bond of love. Don't destroy the name of love. Have faith in love and marriage. Have to seen the movie "50 Shades of Grey" :D If you want a contract signed before your marriage than this might help you drivernix.com. I have searched it on Google specially for you.