Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Miss ISIS 2015.jpg

Mike

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Keep your head down. These guys don't like it when you show their women without their face being covered.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An article is circulating the internet that says that Swiss legislators have passed a law that outlaws the burkha...and the fine is
7,500 pounds! (at least that is what it says)...

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
An article is circulating the internet that says that Swiss legislators have passed a law that outlaws the burkha...and the fine is
7,500 pounds! (at least that is what it says)...

HB

i guess that would be 7.500.- Swiss Francs then,
pounds are exclusively for da bloody Brits, lol.
it is in my opinion anyways open racism,
that countries allow Muslim women(and you would never know if it's a bad guy/male covered behind) to hide their faces, the whole head, while everybody else is obliged to show face.
in most countries there is some kind of ruling which prohibits to cover the head/face, with the exception that Muslim Immigrants are allowed to do so.
that's not any kinda fair/equal treatment.

Mike

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I don't see the racism. A lot of us here on DR1 have chosen the Dominican Republic as our new home or second home. How many things have we collectively tried to change with zero success. There are many cases where if you push to hard or tick the wrong government guy off you are done. Fired from the island as it where.

So why is it different if a muslim moves here, the US, Canada etc if they don't get there way its racism.

If the life style of these countries people are leaving or escaping from are so dam good why leave. Why come here and try to change us. So whenever an immigrant starts screaming racism, tell them to move on.

I am an immigrant in the DR. The day I get to change their lifestyle is the day I should leave.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
I don't see the racism. A lot of us here on DR1 have chosen the Dominican Republic as our new home or second home. Home many things have we collectively tried to change with zero success. There are many cases where if you push to hard or tick the wrong government guy off you are done. Fired from the island as it where.

So why is it different if a muslim moves here, the US, Canada etc if they don't get there way its racism.

If the life style of these countries people are leaving or escaping from are so dam good why leave. Why come here and try to change us. So whenever an immigrant starts screaming racism, tell them to move on.

I am an immigrant in the DR. The day I get to change their lifestyle is the day I should leave.

Well said!

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
I have a close friend who is a devout and strict Muslim and a great guy, BTW. I have often wondered whether I should invite him and his family to the DR for a nice holiday. But then I think of the rampant and open gambling, the ubiquitous availability and use of alcohol, the global love of chicharon (spelling) the general skimpiness of women's clothing and I sort of get the sense that they just wouldn't like it.

I think in some ways Dominican society is a devout Muslim's version of hell.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't see the racism. A lot of us here on DR1 have chosen the Dominican Republic as our new home or second home. How many things have we collectively tried to change with zero success. There are many cases where if you push to hard or tick the wrong government guy off you are done. Fired from the island as it where.

i totally agree to your statement.
i meant it as racism against the Own People, not allowed to do what the immigrants are allowed to do, in case of covering your face/head.
totally agreed, as an Immigrant i have to go with the local flow and accept the local customs of my host country.
if i don't like that, i have to look for a different country or stay home.

Mike

culiacan

Nov 11, 2015

I agree melphis : how can you quibble over the small stuff here if it was so great from where they came from. shouldn't be the other way around : protesting over inhumane cruel treatment that goes on rampantly in their native countries? food for thought.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I have a close friend who is a devout and strict Muslim and a great guy, BTW. I have often wondered whether I should invite him and his family to the DR for a nice holiday. But then I think of the rampant and open gambling, the ubiquitous availability and use of alcohol, the global love of chicharon (spelling) the general skimpiness of women's clothing and I sort of get the sense that they just wouldn't like it.

I think in some ways Dominican society is a devout Muslim's version of hell.

Or maybe heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.