Germans

Canuk

Jan 4, 2002
hola!!

I just spent a wondeful week in Sosua at the Casa Marina Beach Resort.

I have to vent now about the Germans. I have NEVER seen such a rude set of people in my entire life. They do NOT wait in lines at the bar, but instead proceed ahead and then yell there demands at the bartender. I someone is in their way they yell at them to move.

They are to most rudest people I have ever met. I have thought about touring Europe and will DEFINATELY not enter the German borders. Apparentally they have forgotten about WWI & WWII.

Adios,

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Germans? Are you sure?

Are you sure that they were Germans?I am "Part" German,the fat part I guess,and have visited Germany. I waited in lots of "lines".I waited for over an hour on the "Raeper Bahn!!!"They were probably "Swiss",they speak German also.Did these people smell like ("Chocolate?) Maybe they were Italians,in Northern Italy they speak German.Did they smell like ("Garlic?") Lots of "Poles" speak German!(smell like sausage)Sometimes "The French"(Who are disliked by everyone),(and smell like BO) speak German to keep people from hiting them!So before you blame the Germans,you need to "Smell' the "Most Rudest" people to be sure where they "Come From!"You should probably not tour Europe,it really "Smells" over there!! Or at least,don,t go to France,unless you are a "FRENCH CANADIAN" and are used to the smell of people who never bathe!Bon Voyage" Criss Colon

Canuk

Jan 4, 2002
Criss Colon Rebuttal

Yes Chris I am quite sure they were Germans. My wife why can pick up where most people are from by their voice confirmed this for me. As for the Smell?? I don't know, I didn't want to get to close to the ignorant bastards for fear of doing them physical harm

cheers,

PS: I'm a PROUD Canadian but born and raised in England and I don't smell ;-)

Dominican Dream

Jan 9, 2002
www.dominican-dreams.com
I think you got a wrong picture of Germans in general. Most of the Germans are very correct in all what they doing. Sometimes a little to correct. You know, as well in each part of the world are only some bad people. I guess you saw some bad people.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The English don,t "Smell"

You are right,I was in England and I didn,t smell anything!Even the food has no smell!(Or taste either,but that is another post!)I love the English,but c-mon,work up a "sweat" about something! Criss Colon

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Please graduate !!!

You've got rude people in any country, yours, mine, and Germany too, but please don't be a little teenage and think everybody in Germany will be like those dozens of germans at the bar of your hotel !!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in prague for a few day. Mosy people I saw were smileless and unfriendly. The only person i met who was happy and friendly was a german girl.
I was in frankfurt for a day. To my surprise, the only people I met were american GIs . I was shocked to see so many of them around. I really wanted to meet some germans but I guess 1 day was just not enough. In general, if you don't speak german, you won't get answers to your questions but I did meet some young folks who were nice enough to talk to me in great length and even showed me the town a bit.
most germans in puerto plata and in sosua are very friendly and funny at the same time. I guess you just have to know them better before you draw conclusions. Don't forget, Germans are also very bitter towards the outcome of WW2. Give them a break.

On my list: germans are OK.

(P.S. the people you met were probably Austrians. They also speak german)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
I was in prague for a few day. Mosy people I saw were smileless and unfriendly. The only person i met who was happy and friendly was a german girl.
I was in frankfurt for a day. To my surprise, the only people I met were american GIs . I was shocked to see so many of them around. I really wanted to meet some germans but I guess 1 day was just not enough. In general, if you don't speak german, you won't get answers to your questions but I did meet some young folks who were nice enough to talk to me in great length and even showed me the town a bit.
most germans in puerto plata and in sosua are very friendly and funny at the same time. I guess you just have to know them better before you draw conclusions. Don't forget, Germans are also very bitter towards the outcome of WW2. Give them a break.

On my list: germans are OK.

(P.S. the people you met were probably Austrians. They also speak german)

hahaha, actually expected no less from someone who worships Nazi's and tries the history rewrite when allowed.

LOL

I have personally not had a hard time at all with Germans. I have had a hard time with French.

Regards,
Scott

richard

Jan 1, 2002
jazzcom said:

hahaha, actually expected no less from someone who worships Nazi's and tries the history rewrite when allowed.

LOL

I have personally not had a hard time at all with Germans. I have had a hard time with French.

Regards,
Scott

Same old, same old. The Spike Jones song, the Germans hate the Poles, South Africans hate the Dutch, etc. etc. and I don't like anybody very much." rings a bell doesn't it?

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Hey Richard, what's the title of this song?
I've been looking for it so long.

And thanks for your post CANUK. If I get this title now, sth reasonable came out of it, after all....

richard

Jan 1, 2002
gerd said:

And thanks for your post CANUK. If I get this title now, sth reasonable came out of it, after all....

Actually on second thought I think it was by the Kingston Trio back in the days of Hang Down your head Tom Dooley. Sorry I can't remember the name but itwas catchy wasn't it?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re Canuck
Next time you are going to Sosua, choose a regular hotel without all inclusive. Then you don't have to stand in line for anything ! And you don't have to wear that rediculos bracelet. Standing in line ??? I cant understand adult people going to all inclusives - Germans or not - Remindes me of a sort of youth camp.

Christina

Jan 9, 2002
Hey Canuk,
this is not okay. You see a few Germans, you don't like or the behavior of this few Germans is not korrect, and call ALL "ingnorant Bastards" and have fear for your life??????????
Did you read the coment of "sqund"?
I regret if some Germans show up a bat behavior, but never say ALL !!!!

By the way..........I am PROUD to be german !!!!!

Christina

richard

Jan 1, 2002
gerd said:

Hi I, just found the name. It's the Merry Minuet. You can download it on Morpheus.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Nationalities

I love how, when someone speaks from pure unadulterated personal experience, people jump on them and tell them they are wrong.

I also love how everyone continually talks about how it is bad to generalize about someone based on the country they are from. People raised in different countries behave differently, whether you like it or not. We have different tolerance to things like how close you stand when you talk to someone, whether it is ok to hug/kiss when you meet someone, whether you stand in line or all crowd ahead, whether you follow road rules, whether you yell when you speak, should you shave your underarms? Bathe every day?

The term nationality implies that the person is from a different nation, which to me indicates that they will likely behave differently. It has nothing to do if you are proud to be from a certain nation.

Canuck is speaking from experience. Perhaps making a few too many decisions based on one single trip, but the fact that these people were all Germans (yet to be confirmed by the FBI/Secret Service) and behaving like this cannot be remedied by anyone bashing Canuck and saying he is wrong (she??). He is right, it is a personal experience, and as such cannot be wrong.

marc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yes,But! Marc

Will you grant me the fact that "Canuks" parting shot,"I guess they have foregotten about WWI and WWII", was a little ,"Over Kill" for the crime of "DWG" drinking while german! I happen to like Germans,cause they "look" like "us'!Criss Colon

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
my 2 franc's worth

i am part french...and i have travelled to France and other countries with French folk....the vast majority of my experiences with French nationals has been negative....especially a dining experience I had on the Malecon in Samana City..I forget the name of the French restaurant....i have enough reasoning power to know that I cannot extrapolate from my experiences and conclude that all French are bad...but i also cant repress my own feelings and claim that I cant wait to go back to Nice or Paris...on the other hand, upon further review, maybe the problem can be explained.....on most of these trips, i brought along at least 2 loud and obnoxious white Americans!!!

PS
"I happen to like Germans,cause they "look" like "us'!Criss Colon"

I'm glad to see you practice what you preach. You're putting to use that pithy advice you gave those black kids from the USA.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ofcourse there is a bit difference between nationalities, but i would say that the race, that put on a bracelet and have their vacation on the all inclusive camp at Casa Marina, they must be an own race, regardless of nationality.