Where can I get Kerosene (can I get kerosene) in LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Well now you mention it, I do take home security rather seriously ;-)

It's for a mosquito fogger. I need a light oil, can use kerosene (tends to have less odor), diesel or cooking oil (expensive).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
kerosene in what quantities? normally you can buy that in colmados but i have only seen it in small bottles.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Cool, no more than a gallon at a time. Any particular Colmado? I have been keeping an eye out but not seen any.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of the small ferreterias where we live [south coast] also sell it, so check there too.

Also - I've seen signs at some gas stations saying they have kerosene

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HArdware stores there in LT and certainly in Sanchez.

If there is a distribution center or a wholesaler in Sanchez you can buy a give gallon tin..
Otherwise you are petty much stuck with much smaller quantities.

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think it is the stuff you get in colmados in empty rum bottles. They call it trementina or gaz - depending which part of the country you are in. Dirt cheap - we use it to light the barbecue.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exactly that. usually sold in those small bottles, 350 milliliters. ferreterias have it too.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
I think it is the stuff you get in colmados in empty rum bottles. They call it trementina or gaz - depending which part of the country you are in. Dirt cheap - we use it to light the barbecue.

Matilda

careful, I know kerosene as keroseno or queroseno in spanish. I looked up trementina and it translated to turpentine.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
careful, I know kerosene as keroseno or queroseno in spanish. I looked up trementina and it translated to turpentine.

It is definitely not turpentine. I think what I would call turps they call tinner.

Matilda

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Most decent sized gas stations will have a kerosene pump. In Barahona it is found at the local Texaco station...bring your own container get as much or as little as you want.

kFrancis

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Well now you mention it, I do take home security rather seriously ;-)

It's for a mosquito fogger. I need a light oil, can use kerosene (tends to have less odor), diesel or cooking oil (expensive).

diesel and kerosene available...at kero some stations

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
We buy trementina as lamp oil. As said it is readily available in colmados or small Dominican style supermarkets.
Try Randy's on Calle Carmen.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Thanks all, seems I can get the lamp oil at various places, its everywhere when you know what you're looking for!

Also, the ferriteria next to La Bomba gas station sells kerosene.

I think this can be closed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.