Why i hate dr1

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Just having spent a 3 day weekend (normal), sans DR1, I sign on to encounter what I have missed.
"I'm done", by Smitty, which gives me yet another perspective on Costa Rica and Panama.
Then there's DV8's posts, which always gives me pause to perk up.
Chic, who provides constant entertainment.
Posters such as Matilda, AE, BB, Jstareb, GD, Derf, XO, Frank12, and many others, who constantly pique my curiosity, are a fountain of information.
I am addicted. I need help. My work day consists of sitting in a office for 10 hours waiting on the phone to ring,for me to tend to some telecomm stuff, that noone in the world cares about, unless the aircraft you're in at the moment decides to take a header in the gulf.
Bottom line is, I need to somehow wean myself off DR1. I find its taking up way too much of time that I could be doing constructive stuff.
All inputs appreciated

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Ok RoLLo,

What do you need to know?

Many posts back, I posted a similar thread saying how boring,predictive and uninteresting DR 1 had become and our dear, dear Robert,who rules from on high, came back and said 'post something interesting then!'.

'Tis true.
Prolific posters don't really have much of a life outside the cyber world.

But,
Scratch beneath the BS and there is a lot of good info here..
Finding it and filtering it is the tricky bit...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Bottom line is, I need to somehow wean myself off DR1. I find its taking up way too much of time that I could be doing constructive stuff.
All inputs appreciated

We can start by closing this thread. :cheeky: No offense, but as per the rules, this topic is not DR-related. Let me know if you'd like it moved to the Off-Topic forum.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Come on Berzin, a thread on DR1 is not DR related..?? Don't torture the guy..

To the OP: Go get a fresh cuppa joe and relax. Read the news on Yahoo.com and then come here and
see how the DR 1 News is doing. That way you have both outside and inside information.

And ROLLOUT>?? Contribute about things you see or feel about the DR...it is an interesting place.
We just had a small earthquake that shook people between Santiago and the North Coast, and yet was not reported
by the USGS or any other quake site...huh?

Have a good day, and if your day depends on an aircraft in trouble, I hope you have a very boring day.

HB

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
DR1 is what you you make of it. If you choose to allow the forum to become your main focus of social interaction, then that's what it becomes. If you use it as a tool to ask for and research specific info then it is akin to an almanac. If your cup of tea is trolling, DR1 is a rich picking ground and a convenient way of spending the evening.

A forum is all things to all users and specific to none. If you need suggestions on how to unplug, sadly you won't find the answers you seek here, as those with them, have already faded away. The rest of us are still managing our addictions...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Come on Berzin, a thread on DR1 is not DR related..?? Don't torture the guy.

HB

Well, existential angst is not limited to the DR, that's for sure, but I don't know how we can help here. Move it to Off-Topic and it may become a snark-fest, which also won't help.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I don't hate it. I find it quite helpful and often very entertaining. I have asked a few questions and got back the information I needed.
I enjoy most of the snark fests. I would actually like to see the behavior of some posters when there peed off. I'm sure a few of them have had an aneurysm judging by thier comments.
Exploding heads is always funny.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Why?

FYI... we have 67,730 members. Thats a long page!

Because I am a stats geek, plain and simple. Just looking for more information in the numbers. Posts Per Day would be an interesting stat, for example. This would give you the "speed" at which someone is using dr1, so newer users could be compared with older users. Just for kicks!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Have a good day, and if your day depends on an aircraft in trouble, I hope you have a very boring day.

HB

The older I get the more I like boring. As Louis L'Amour said, "Only a fool goes looking for adventure."

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
All inputs appreciated

If you want me to kick you off for 90 days, no problem. It's a button click away :)