This does not belong here... But

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
A dominican friend said there was article in diario libre (is this paper to be believed at all) about a dominican
college student found naked and dead in upper manhattan. Murdered maybe infers this article. I searched all
over internet for any mention of this, NYC newspapers etc and nt a word. Is Diario libre to be believed at all?
Thanks .
Jeb

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
A dominican friend said there was article in diario libre (is this paper to be believed at all) about a dominican
college student found naked and dead in upper manhattan. Murdered maybe infers this article. I searched all
over internet for any mention of this, NYC newspapers etc and nt a word. Is Diario libre to be believed at all?
Thanks .
Jeb
Diario Libre can be believed, it's not like metro that invents stories to fill the pages.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I moved this thread to Dominicans Abroad Forum.

My husband read the article, it was a couple of days ago. Maybe someone can post a link.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I moved this thread to Dominicans Abroad Forum.

My husband read the article, it was a couple of days ago. Maybe someone can post a link.

My question and My point is that this was not mentioned Anywhere except Diario Libre. No where in New York is this mentioned. That is why I
asked my question. I do not Know if this is true because ONLY diario libre wrote this. If this was murder or more the New York news would day something. I read the diario libre article and looked for any other report. There is nothing anywhere..only the
dominican paper.
would be writing about this or it would be on television newsreports.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does murder make the news in NY?

Let me re phrase that. does the murder of a Dominican make the news in NY? Honest question because I do not know

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Let me re phrase that. does the murder of a Dominican make the news in NY? Honest question because I do not know

It all depends if it looks like drug dealers settling scores, probably not. But a university student, found naked in the park, I am very surprised. Also, police would be looking to get more tips.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008

Uh yes. A Dominican is a human being like everyone else in NY.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
It all depends if it looks like drug dealers settling scores, probably not. But a university student, found naked in the park, I am very surprised. Also, police would be looking to get more tips.

Yes I agree with you completely.
Jeb

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Sarcasm man, sarcasm! Sorry if it offends, but it is close to reality. If one American gets killed in Lower Slobobia it is front page NEWS in the USA, but the opposite does not apply.

Look at what you just wrote. Ridiculous. NYC has more Dominicans than you have any idea of.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Not everything that happens gets reported in the news. The number of crime that occurs
daily is staggering.

One my of stepsisters died years ago in a house fire in NY and the only reason why it made the news
was because my stepmother called a major newspaper with info and requested that it be included
because of other family members that could not be reached and hoping that they would come across it.

It made front page news .

Of course she had to pay for it. Anyone can request any news to be included in a newspaper.

So maybe this is what the family did and had it posted in Diario Libre.

Last edited:

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Sarcasm man, sarcasm! Sorry if it offends, but it is close to reality. If one American gets killed in Lower Slobobia it is front page NEWS in the USA, but the opposite does not apply.

I just looked again at your post and it really bothers me because whose reality are you referring to. Lower Slobodians? Think
man before you write and sound so .....foolish. As I wrote ... Dominicans make up a great part of NYC and if this fellows death was suspicious And he is found as Diario Libre described And his family does not want to discuss his demise And they are now aasking for money .....l

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Ermm dominicans are killed every other day, in the dr, without making the news.
So the point is ?
The point is that it would make the news in NY. A dead studen found naked in a park. It does not matter whether he was
brown, black or yellow. That is Newsworthy for any news organization. Dominican murders Not being reported in DR...
it seems pretty obvious their lives are just not that important to the powers that be in this country. My original question was a
very easy one. Had anyone seen this report anywhere else but Dominican paper? It has brought forth the very limited minds
of some here. Que trieste,

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Sorry if my comment is not DR related but the only time when a black person is killed in the USA is when its at the hands of police. Weather they deserved to be shot or not makes absolutely no difference as the need to riot, pillage and steal takes priority.

Sort of like when a moto guy here is run over cause he was drunk, driving on the wrong side of the road with no lights, the poor schmuck who hit him has to pay. Sometimes with his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.