David Price

Dec 3, 2015
Indianapolis, In.
long time reader first time poster. I find this forum not only very informative, but highly entertaining. Always looking for info on the D.R. playing with the idea of maybe retiring there . My wife is Dominican born and raised but been in the U. S. for over 30 years. We both sort of like the idea of living on the north coast. All opinions and info welcome

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sometimes it's hard to 'go home' David, as so much has changed over the years. My husband left DR in 1976, and we have a home there where we spend winters [for now]. He gets frustrated over and over when we're there, and most of the time he's more eager to go back to NJ than I am. Choose your location carefully :)

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Why did you sign with the Red Sox and not the Jays. Toronto was good to you. Welcome to the forum. Bring a sense of humour and a thick skin and you will be fine.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
long time reader first time poster. I find this forum not only very informative, but highly entertaining. Always looking for info on the D.R. playing with the idea of maybe retiring there . My wife is Dominican born and raised but been in the U. S. for over 30 years. We both sort of like the idea of living on the north coast. All opinions and info welcome

Check out Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula , Northeast coast. Suggest you vacation there for a week or more to get the feel. Best beaches, scenery and food in the DR.