Applying for US visitor visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
for a dom cit...can this be done by messenger/regular mails etc....does a citizen have to go to capital for this process:eek::eek:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
to add more to it.... a friend of mine wants to apply for a visa....vacation in u.s. he's a good ,,,well standing employed man....w/wife and kids in school... not much money in bank but i have arranged for him to work for 8 weeks at a friends bis. who just happens to need a watchyman....he is this....
can he send in application by mail
is the application available online//////////////.
how much are the fees......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
thanx i will pass on info and hope i have no out of pocket expenses......if you know what i mean.....

He has probably about a 5% chance of getting a visitors visa to the US. We do like his support of the US government through the payments for the visa he will be making.

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
to add more to it.... a friend of mine wants to apply for a visa....vacation in u.s. he's a good ,,,well standing employed man....w/wife and kids in school... not much money in bank but i have arranged for him to work for 8 weeks at a friends bis. who just happens to need a watchyman....he is this....

Do you mean that you've arranged for him to work as a handyman while in the United States? If so, then he has zero chance of getting a tourist visa. People on tourist visas are not allowed to accept employment in the United States.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you mean that you've arranged for him to work as a handyman while in the United States? If so, then he has zero chance of getting a tourist visa. People on tourist visas are not allowed to accept employment in the United States.

I interpret that to mean the handyman is working in the DR in Chiclesh.

The visa fee of $160 US might as well be flushed down one of his clogged toilets.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

The visa fee is USD$160 in pesos, in cash, at the Banco Popular.The application form is the DS-160 and it's completed online, but first time applicants now need to attend two appointments: one at the VAC at Galer?a 360, and the other one at the Consulate.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chic here is the link in Spanish

A visitor visa is called a non-immigrant visa and like someone said a person coming on a VV can not legally work.

Good luck to your friend

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
so im not sure..forms are online are they sent to the emb. and then you/they get appt...
i think im going to be out some small change on this deal but i knoe it is the season to spend spend spend...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and do the number of v.v go up or down with the seasons....does the number change yearly ..like is there a better month to apply

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
and do the number of v.v go up or down with the seasons....does the number change yearly ..like is there a better month to apply

It's a crap shoot any time of the year. The interviewing officer has to be convinced the person will return to the DR when the visa expires.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well ok it seems that i am being asked to dole out some advance money for the applction fees....i declined....its coming vimence...transportaion costs also....we will see...thanks to all and spend spend spend

He has probably about a 5% chance of getting a visitors visa to the US. We do like his support of the US government through the payments for the visa he will be making.

Well actually you may be surprised. According to the US Bulletin on Visa Refusal Rate the DR had in 2014 35.9% of Non-Immigrant visas denied. Now, the possibilities in this specific case, because of the "not much money on the bank" "will get a job as a watchman", 5% is very optimistic.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
since we have a very long thread going on this subject and chic has all the info he needs I think we are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.