Juan Dolio- how too get there from santo domingo

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You get the bus. It leaves from Park Enriquillo. Takes around 40 mins.

Matilda

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
more info if you have it

You get the bus. It leaves from Park Enriquillo. Takes around 40 mins.

Matilda

Thanks for the response
Ill have a large suitcase....what sort of bus is this???
Is it a gua gua or a small coach.?
Do the buses leave on the hour or 2 hourly???
Are there always lots of people trying to get seats?

cheers and thanks

Aug 6, 2006
The Bus line that runs from near Parque Enriquillo uses guaguas, and they are often crowded. In the past, I was charged an extra fare for my bag coming from the SDQ airport. That made it 160 pesos rather than 80. I imagine that this was illegal, but I am not so poor that I am going to fight over a lousy buch and a half.
Other times the Juan Dolio bus took me and several other passengers inside the airport right up to the door. It can be a bit crowded, but it is not a long trip.
There are larger buses that might drop you off at Juan Dolio headed for Sam Pedro Macoris.

They will fill the bus as full as they can. If the bus looks too full to suit you, take the next one. They seem to leave every 20 minutes or so.
They start dropping people off on the other side of the Rio Ozama Bridge. They also pick people up.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The correct address is Av. Jose Mart? almost Mexico Ave. Close to Parque Enriquillo. When you have extra suit case you have to pay usually the price of an extra ticket because they use the space in one seat. Now from Santo Domingo to Juan Dolio they charge 100.00 pesos.. When you buy your ticket tell you are going to Juan Dolio.