livinglife

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
Hey I found it lol so I guess I can start asking questions,I would like to if there would be any ok 1 bedroom apt. around sousa For around $250 or $300 a month.I would like to live close but not in the beast belly

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Hey I found it lol so I guess I can start asking questions,I would like to if there would be any ok 1 bedroom apt. around sousa For around $250 or $300 a month.I would like to live close but not in the beast belly

I don't know what you found lol, but you can get a good place in the barrio among the locals for that price. These places are not advertised online - you would have to come and ask around. It may be in the beast belly but I don't know what that is.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Residential Don Juan falls in that price range. Nothing fancy but clean and Miguel is responsive to any problems that occur. There is even a swimming pool, however it is pretty much in the belly of the beast on P.C. around the corner from Plan B.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Last apartment I had in Sosua was located three blocks over from the entrance to the beach. I paid 4,500 pesos a month for a
brand new 1 bed apartment with refrigerator. Free water 24/7 and my monthly electric bill was around 350 pesos a month.
Seek and you shall find.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Mine is $12K a month (US$266) and it's a 5-minute walk to Alicia and slightly longer to Playa Sosua. Electricity is about $1K +/-. I needed unfurnished so I had to look a little longer, but you can totes find something if you're patient.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
do you get any ref fees thats the way to go...fees kick backs:squareeye:squareeye:squareeye:squareeye good tip

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
We're 20 minutes from Sosua and living in the jungle at less than $200.00 a month. Little studio apt with everything included even the dishes and gas for cooking and wifi. 10 minutes to the beach. Check out suncampdr.com and tell them Der Fish sent you if you do stay here.
Der Fish

Avoid this place. There are far better options for much less.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
There might be a couple in the Dominican neighborhood by Sosua Ocean Village. I've seen apartments for RD$5-6k a month. Close to the beach.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
CAn you offer one or just being negative?

On this thread in public view. No. I?m sure if I were to provide a list it would be deleted by the mods. I lived in Sosua
for a couple of years and YES I know a few of the people you have sent over to this place, they have all come back telling
me its a dive. SOSUA is KICK BACK CITY for anyone who is interested in coming down to the NC, just know this
before you get here. Good luck.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Indeed. They named the first place I ever lived on the island (in Santo Domingo) after GOD.
I do not ?wish? nor do I have the desire..... As much as I love Tennessee.

Jul 28, 2014
I am also curious as to why CristoRey has such a hate-on for Sosua, I know plenty of Gringos that live there and are happy with it. There are evening workers, scam artists, and crooked cops pretty much everywhere on the island, so Sosua is just one of THE MANY PLACES.

I ONLY go to Sosua these days, and most of the time, its during various holidays where the "best of the best" come out, and I am familiar with many of the nuances/failings of the town, however I would not recommend AGAINST anyone wanting to live there, at the end of the day, it depends on what you are looking for...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am also curious as to why CristoRey has such a hate-on for Sosua, I know plenty of Gringos that live there and are happy with it. There are evening workers, scam artists, and crooked cops pretty much everywhere on the island, so Sosua is just one of THE MANY PLACES.

I ONLY go to Sosua these days, and most of the time, its during various holidays where the "best of the best" come out, and I am familiar with many of the nuances/failings of the town, however I would not recommend AGAINST anyone wanting to live there, at the end of the day, it depends on what you are looking for...

Hate-on for Sosua??? YES I am laughing in your face :laugh:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I see we have another episode of Ground Hog's Day here.
Same location, same character's, YAWN.

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
I can not tell you much all this info helps and derfish your place sounds just what I am looking for not to close but not to far away,i have found 4 places so far for $300 and $350 a month and looked pretty nice,I am a simple man so I do not need much But i will for sure contact you Derfish and you are right we should all ways try to help one another,thank you my friend

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Now you really have my curiosity up. What type of accommodations would a guy who refers to himself as God wish he could recommend to someone who is asking for recommendations but does not for fear they would be deleted? Sosua is known as whore central. They do not allow any of that type of thing where I recommend. You even seem to imply you have never even seen the place, but just third hand you reject it. Different people have different ideas of what they want. And many people like the rustic non-amenities life style.
Der Fish

"rustic non-amenities life style" I love It !!, Should be a sales and advertising tourist message.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
It seems for most people economic constraints dictate choices. I think most people from developed countries moving to the DR will have a significant adjustment process, particularly if the move is to a budget residence. Wishing you the best on your move here to the DR.

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
well I am not a pulpier but I do not get what I don't need,for me just a small clean little apt will service,if I get a companion then I will move up,the big thing with me is to still be warm and be with in a few hours by air to my family ranter than 26 hours and $1,200 air fare all the rest is a + or a - in Cincinnati last year it stayed below 32 degrees for 2 week straight,I am sure everyone on this site understands that