70,000 Foreigners Have Left DR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This article caught my eye, because they say 70,000 foreigners have left due to the regularization plan, and they don't mention Haitians in the group [they didn't repeat Albanians in the original Spanish, they said "kosovares" for one of them]:

[computer translation]

More than 70 thousand foreigners decided voluntarily return to their countries after the deadline for joining the national regularization plan to expire, said the general director of Migration (DGM), General Ruben Dario Paulino Sem, who also said that during his tenure in the official body has succeeded in dismantling groups engaged in the illegal traffic, canceled and brought to justice several inspectors and some were imposed coercive measures.

He said most of the foreigners who have been repatriated voluntarily, are Cubans, Indians, Colombians, Iranians, Albanians, Chinese, Iraqi, Georgians, Albanians, Mexican, Belgian, Dutch, German, Bolivian, Czech, Spanish, Nicaraguan and Peruvians.

"There'll manage or misconduct of military personnel who engage in illegal actions in the Directorate General of Immigration, regardless of position or rank to occupy," said General Paulino Sem.

The head of the DGM spoke at a meeting with journalists in Boca Marina restaurant, Boca Chica, where he also reported that the agency received the ISO-9001 certification by the efficiency of management system quality of services offered by the body, thereby increasing customer satisfaction by meeting their requirements.

General Paulino Sem said he will continue to be repatriated illegal aliens, "but will respect the human rights of the people, preserving their physical integrity and within the framework of Dominican law."
He presented the ambassador of the United States in the country James Brewster, congratulated the DGM for transparent and respectful carried out deportations of foreigners.

He argued that that position also assumed the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
The overall Paulino Sem emphasized that "the DGM has made ​​great efforts to improve the quality of services it provides to its users, modernize management their processes and more efficient channels telephone and e-care, and the only window, and all that we have achieved thanks to the support of President Danilo Medina, for us to be an effective institution regulating migration by implementing Law 285-04 .

"The modernization of our facilities and reducing the time you have allowed the processing of files in less time, making the services rendered run exceeding standards established by regulations," he said.

A NOTE

Respect DH

The US ambassador, James Brewster, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, welcomed the Migration for its transparent way deportations of foreigners.

http://elnacional.com.do/salen-de-rd-mas-70-mil-extranjeros/

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Kinda funny that Americans, Canadians, & British are staying.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I would like to see the numbers of people that are returning in the same time period.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
in which time frame did 70.000 persons return to that number of countries?
that's quiet some plane loads, airlines must have reported a significant increase of one way flights on the outbound, with a heck of empty seats on the way in.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
in which time frame did 70.000 persons return to that number of countries?
that's quiet some plane loads, airlines must have reported a significant increase of one way flights on the outbound, with a heck of empty seats on the way in.

Mike

They left the "Dominican way" - in yolas via Puerto Rico... :bunny:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A bit strange really.... how did they come up with the 70k illegals ?
#1. The 70k applied for plan, got rejected and left. Then OK, but hard to believe.
Or
#2. They plucked the number out of thin air.....
" hey ! Malko's french friend stayed 2 months and a bit at malko's place. Then went home....." 1 illegal goes home, not cos of the Plan, mind you.
" hey CC went back to the US on holiday " another illegal goes home.....but then comes back, unhindered.
" hey, swiss friends ( 3 diffrent cases ), against my advice use "reputable" lawfirms to do residency..... dumba$$lawyers miss the deadline on RS visa...... back to switzerland to start over again ( except one that bribed himself out of the trip :) ), " .... 2 more illegals leave the dr......

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Kinda funny that Americans, Canadians, & British are staying.

Because our passports are pretty much golden. With or without. I mean, I have opened the process. Just to be safe. But still.....I hate to say it. But still.....

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
sure they are. especially for uncle sam that forces its citizens to pay taxes in US even if people dont live there since years :-D
Because our passports are pretty much golden. With or without. I mean, I have opened the process. Just to be safe. But still.....I hate to say it. But still.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It may be that some returned home to initiate the residency process.

Not every illegal qualified for the regularization plan..... necessitating a home trip to 'regularize'

Sounds like a fishy number anyway..... a nice round 70,000.... not one more or less

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This article caught my eye, because they say 70,000 foreigners have left due to the regularization plan, and they don't mention Haitians in the group [they didn't repeat Albanians in the original Spanish, they said "kosovares" for one of them]:

[computer translation]

More than 70 thousand foreigners decided voluntarily return to their countries after the deadline for joining the national regularization plan to expire, said the general director of Migration (DGM), General Ruben Dario Paulino Sem, who also said that during his tenure in the official body has succeeded in dismantling groups engaged in the illegal traffic, canceled and brought to justice several inspectors and some were imposed coercive measures.

He said most of the foreigners who have been repatriated voluntarily, are Cubans, Indians, Colombians, Iranians, Albanians, Chinese, Iraqi, Georgians, Albanians, Mexican, Belgian, Dutch, German, Bolivian, Czech, Spanish, Nicaraguan and Peruvians.

"There'll manage or misconduct of military personnel who engage in illegal actions in the Directorate General of Immigration, regardless of position or rank to occupy," said General Paulino Sem.

The head of the DGM spoke at a meeting with journalists in Boca Marina restaurant, Boca Chica, where he also reported that the agency received the ISO-9001 certification by the efficiency of management system quality of services offered by the body, thereby increasing customer satisfaction by meeting their requirements.

General Paulino Sem said he will continue to be repatriated illegal aliens, "but will respect the human rights of the people, preserving their physical integrity and within the framework of Dominican law."
He presented the ambassador of the United States in the country James Brewster, congratulated the DGM for transparent and respectful carried out deportations of foreigners.

He argued that that position also assumed the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
The overall Paulino Sem emphasized that "the DGM has made ​​great efforts to improve the quality of services it provides to its users, modernize management their processes and more efficient channels telephone and e-care, and the only window, and all that we have achieved thanks to the support of President Danilo Medina, for us to be an effective institution regulating migration by implementing Law 285-04 .

"The modernization of our facilities and reducing the time you have allowed the processing of files in less time, making the services rendered run exceeding standards established by regulations," he said.

A NOTE

Respect DH

The US ambassador, James Brewster, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, welcomed the Migration for its transparent way deportations of foreigners.

http://elnacional.com.do/salen-de-rd-mas-70-mil-extranjeros/

Anyone without a job or the means to support themselves and their family took the low road. Asta la vista Baby.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Still here... still illegal, even worse than last June, my passport has expired...

Don't worry, I'm not dumb. In the process of renewal... but still illegal... lol

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It may be that some returned home to initiate the residency process.

That's what I did, but I'm British so I'm not on the list. The plane wasn't packed with people in my situation - most seemed to be tourists. I'm now back here in the DR.

Could it be that the figures are just a work of fiction? :D

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I hear there is a new 'fast track'

$200,000US in property and you're golden.......
eligible for a passport in 6 months

I hear.........

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I hear there is a new 'fast track'

$200,000US in property and you're golden.......
eligible for a passport in 6 months

I hear.........

So if you are a foreigner owning $200,000 in property, you can get a passport faster than being married to a Dominican Citizen?

Talk about a** backwards.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
So if you are a foreigner owning $200,000 in property, you can get a passport faster than being married to a Dominican Citizen?

Talk about a** backwards.

Given the glut of available properties for sale and being built, makes perfect sense to me.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
most islands have an 'owners' plan' for easy residency....

its just the amount that changes..... Bahamas is $400K, I think