Please recommend a reliable RE agent / Sosua area

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent in the Sosua area?
I want to sell two beautiful lots, both in prestigious gated communities with amazing views.
I listed them on DR1 some months ago but unfortunately didn't receive an inquiry. I may consider to list them again on DR1 soon.

Meanwhile I wanted to list them with some RE agents but so far I have made only horrible experiences. :mad:
I went to RE agent no 1. about three weeks ago and had to wait 60 minutes or more because everyone seemed so busy. Finally after talking to an agent and providing him with all different kind of documents, I also promised to email a couple of photos of the lots via email.
I did this the same day and the person emailed me back that he does not know how to save a .jpg file!!
Finally with my help he managed to save the pics but until today the lots were not listed on their website!! After asking back when they will list the properties I didn't receive a reply... :confused:

RE agent no 2. was a little bit better and listed the properties the same day (with my photos) but the person didn't bother to visit the lots...

I went to RE agent no. 3 yesterday and waited 30 minutes but the agent seemed too busy, so I received an appointment for today from the secretary.
Today I went to the appointment but the RE agent was NOT there! I waited again 30 minutes but the agent never showed up... :paranoid:

Brilliant service in my opinion!! And they are all asking for 10% from the sales price! For what please?? This is really ridiculous.
All of these 3 agents were "reputable" and one of the biggest RE agents on the north coast. :ermm:

So if anybody knows a RELIABLE and DILIGENT RE agent, please let me know, I would love to meet such a person. Thank you in advance!!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I want to sell two beautiful lots, both in prestigious gated communities with amazing views.
I listed them on DR1 some months ago but unfortunately didn't receive an inquiry. I may consider to list them again on DR1 soon.

Meanwhile I wanted to list them with some RE agents but so far I have made only horrible experiences. :mad:
I went to RE agent no 1. about three weeks ago and had to wait 60 minutes or more because everyone seemed so busy. Finally after talking to an agent and providing him with all different kind of documents, I also promised to email a couple of photos of the lots via email.
I did this the same day and the person emailed me back that he does not know how to save a .jpg file!!
Finally with my help he managed to save the pics but until today the lots were not listed on their website!! After asking back when they will list the properties I didn't receive a reply... :confused:

RE agent no 2. was a little bit better and listed the properties the same day (with my photos) but the person didn't bother to visit the lots...

I went to RE agent no. 3 yesterday and waited 30 minutes but the agent seemed too busy, so I received an appointment for today from the secretary.
Today I went to the appointment but the RE agent was NOT there! I waited again 30 minutes but the agent never showed up... :paranoid:

Brilliant service in my opinion!! And they are all asking for 10% from the sales price! For what please?? This is really ridiculous.
All of these 3 agents were "reputable" and one of the biggest RE agents on the north coast. :ermm:

So if anybody knows a RELIABLE and DILIGENT RE agent, please let me know, I would love to meet such a person. Thank you in advance!!

Good luck

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"diligent"? I have been here more than a few years, never did see much diligent going on. Selling takes forever, buying was pretty easy, eh! Hope you are not in any hurry as this is not a country for hurry either.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
I have been here for many years too and know how bad the service can be.
But in my opinion you should expect at least "some" service for a 10% commission...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have been here for many years too and know how bad the service can be.
But in my opinion you should expect at least "some" service for a 10% commission...

BTW, that 10% is negotiable, in most cases.
There are 2-3 reputable agents on the Island.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

You need to list them with a real estate agent. Advertising these on your own will rarely yield results. Go on line and look up at least a couple of real estate agents. Do not list with just one. Pick out someone that is local and deals with the Puerta Plata, Cabarate and Sosua areas. It is not difficult to find. You shouldn't pay anymore that a 6% commission rate for listing. If you can rovide the realtor with photos of the property. This will expedite your property being listed on line.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I hope that it would be part of the service for the listing agent to take the photos.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
http://www.dominican-estate.com/

Christian Vogt in Sosua.

He sold my house near Cabarete around 2008.
Everything went fine for both sides.
The 3rd party he brought was buying for a price I could accept. Economic crisis already was around back then.

For notary service I recommend Guido Perdomo in Sosua.
I do not recommend Juan Perdomo real estate agency, but Guido the notary did everything done for me without any problems.

Good luck.

Alexander

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I can’t say enough good things about Randi Carrier from ReMax Sosua, 809-963-2052. She is about the only agent that WORKS and acts as a real agent. She has sold property for me, and also for several friends.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
The bad thing here is that one of those, probably the first
one is gonna take you to court if it is sold. Because the law, I
think is that once you go to an agent..you are "theirs" they
get a cut even if you find the buyer, do the paper work etc..
NOT SURE, better look into it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

This is not true, it is the WILD WILD WEST, when was the last seller you met that paid a broker for a property he sold himself, as owner?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

What you're probably loosely referring to is "procuring cause". Procuring Cause exists in countries where there are licensed real estate agents (not in the DR). The agent that "causes" the sale receives the commission.

Last edited: