Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drought and the tobacco crop

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Great cigar shop in Las Terrenas, Mundo Puro. Wide selection including their own house brand which is very good.
    Near the "Y" in the road? I think I was there. If it is the same place, yes they were good!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I just looked and they're only $79/box. That's very reasonable. How do they compare with with a similar sized R&J or Montecristo? Maybe a fairer comparison would be with an Aurora(?).
    Yes it is a very good price. I bought one in the DR, loved it, but could never find it for sale again in the DR. I do not know what to compare it to, I never had the two that you mentioned. Very strong and unique in my opinion.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    Yes it is a very good price. I bought one in the DR, loved it, but could never find it for sale again in the DR. I do not know what to compare it to, I never had the two that you mentioned. Very strong and unique in my opinion.
    I checked and La Caya, along with many other tobacaleras are located in Tamboril, but except for Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, Aurora, and a few others, I have never seen any of these smaller brand name cigars for sale here in the DR. Really strange. When I moved here I really expected to find many of these smaller local cigars for sale everywhere, but they're nowhere to be found(?).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked and La Caya, along with many other tobacaleras are located in Tamboril, but except for Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, Aurora, and a few others, I have never seen any of these smaller brand name cigars for sale here in the DR. Really strange. When I moved here I really expected to find many of these smaller local cigars for sale everywhere, but they're nowhere to be found(?).
    There are those here that can point you in the right direction. Hillbilly for one.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I am not sure if La Caya is still in business.There are tons of smaller factories in Tamboril, Santiago, Villa Gonzales, Navarrete that you can visit and buy cigars.

Do come and try it out. It might be fun..

HB

Moderator DR1.com

6. Likes cavok liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    First off, I am not sure if La Caya is still in business.There are tons of smaller factories in Tamboril, Santiago, Villa Gonzales, Navarrete that you can visit and buy cigars.

Do come and try it out. It might be fun..

HB
    Any idea why many of these smaller tabacaleras don't sell their cigars locally?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea why many of these smaller tabacaleras don't sell their cigars locally?
    Perhaps they are in Free Zones and cannot legally sell to the local market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12