dna test

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I have a child here, 7 months.
I should make a dna test for some administrative stuff to prove Im the father

How and where could I do that, what price?

I live in Sosua
:)

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a child here, 7 months.
I should make a dna test
Don't forget to post your results here. There were articles that 90% of tests of Foreigner/Dominicana couples are negative... let's see if your results fall into other 10% or not. :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Enough with the sarcasm and innuendos. This is the LEGAL FORUM, why can't anyone seem to understand there is a decorum expected here.

If someone knows where he can go on the north coast for the test, please post the info.

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I suggest you go to Laboritorio Clinico Puerto Plata, they have a new office just across from Playero in Sosua. Ask her if they do it there and the price. Prueba del Paternidad.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
make sure to ask how the test is performed. some may do a blood test while some can test from saliva swab. if you want to go behind mother's back, as in check just to be sure, saliva test is pretty much the only one you can do.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok thanks, no I dont want to hide this to the mother.
And I dont want to do this through some kind of internet stuff in SD...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
ok thanks, no I dont want to hide this to the mother.
And I dont want to do this through some kind of internet stuff in SD...

If you are going to use a Dominican clinic then get a couple done at different places. Just habit not to trust anyone to get the most important things right, no matter who they are, where they work or how highly recommended they come.

DannyWings

Nov 17, 2015
You ex-pats will never get it. Fact: When a Dominican man has a child with a Dominica woman/girl it is 50-50 that it is his. Now, let's put in an ex-pat, it's goes down to 7%! Now, does this tell you something. This is a fact done by a Dominican study. Truelly out of control. Now that the Zika virus has hit the DR, and will only get worse, where the government has asked of the people to refrain from getting pregnant, DNA test should be confirmed without a doubt.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
ok but would be easier for me in sosua or puerto plata

I would start by going to any doctor, they don't charge much for a consult and I would assume they can take a culture and send it out.
If not they can write you a reference. Going East out of Sosua there is a sign that says American Doctor or similar. If your Spanish isn't up to snuff start there.

Der Fish

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I would start by going to any doctor, they don't charge much for a consult and I would assume they can take a culture and send it out.
If not they can write you a reference. Going East out of Sosua there is a sign that says American Doctor or similar. If your Spanish isn't up to snuff start there.

Der Fish

Wouldn't go near that "American Doctor"........

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well I know about that statistic : when a dominicana is pregnant from a foreigner, only 10%... Which is quite crazy
In my case I need a DNA test for some administrative stuff in my country.

But of course, maybe it will tell I m not the father. Wait and see