update parking SDQ

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
parking rates at sdq are just unacceptable. their rates from their webpage are stated below:

Estacionamiento General:

Cada 30 minutos o fracci?n - RD$40.00 (every 30 min or fraction there-after = 40 pesos)

Tarifas para larga duraci?n
Primeras 24 hrs: RD$960.00 (first 24 hrs = 960 pesos)
D?a o fracci?n adicional: RD$960.00 (everyday additional = 960 pesos)

P?rdida de ticket: RD$1,000.00 (if you lose ticket = 1000 pesos)
Remolques: RD$750.00 + Estancia
Da?os a la barra: RD$5,000.00 (you break the bar at exit or entrance of the parking = 5000 pesos)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So if I park more than 1 day its better to lose my ticket.

they take down license numbers of cars everyday in the lot. so if they check your license number against the list, they will know you were there for x number of days. sometimes they don't check the list and let you get off easily but they are required to check the list. good luck.
AZB

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
they take down license numbers of cars everyday in the lot. so if they check your license number against the list, they will know you were there for x number of days. sometimes they don't check the list and let you get off easily but they are required to check the list. good luck.
AZB

I left my car there once for 10 days while going to Fla and back. Had no problems when I returned other than it cost me about $15 us a day.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I left my car there once for 10 days while going to Fla and back. Had no problems when I returned other than it cost me about $15 us a day.

the price is little over 20 dollars/day now. In my case it's not worth it at all to leave my car there as I have a deal with a taxi driver who takes me to airport for 800 pesos from center of santo domingo city. I used to leave my car at puerto plata airport when I used to travel from there. i think there was no parking free at the time, apart from paying like 20 pesos entrance. I would leave it there for as long as 2 weeks and not pay anything. unfortunately those good days are long gone.
I would love to be able to leave my car at sdq airport for cheap but $20/ day is not may game.
AZB

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
hmm guess for me then it is even cheaper to get there by bus from North Coast and to rent a car when i get back, they will bring it to the airport, so that is convenient.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
the price is little over 20 dollars/day now. In my case it's not worth it at all to leave my car there as I have a deal with a taxi driver who takes me to airport for 800 pesos from center of santo domingo city. I used to leave my car at puerto plata airport when I used to travel from there. i think there was no parking free at the time, apart from paying like 20 pesos entrance. I would leave it there for as long as 2 weeks and not pay anything. unfortunately those good days are long gone.
I would love to be able to leave my car at sdq airport for cheap but $20/ day is not may game.
AZB

I was coming from LT and thought it would be cheap and more convenient to leave the car there. If it was an expensivecar I would think twice about doing that. Yeah, $20 a day is rididculous but then what isn't in the DR.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
AZB

Not that I suggest it but that is easy to beat. You have a friend drive into the lot. He gives you the ticket he just got. You leave with you car presenting that ticket, paying the minimum. He/she then leaves saying they lost the ticket and get paid for a day.

Again not suggesting you rip them off for anything but there is always a way around it. I paid a FORTUNE to park at the Las Americas airport parking for a few weeks. Yes I paid.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Not that I suggest it but that is easy to beat. You have a friend drive into the lot. He gives you the ticket he just got. You leave with you car presenting that ticket, paying the minimum. He/she then leaves saying they lost the ticket and get paid for a day.

Again not suggesting you rip them off for anything but there is always a way around it. I paid a FORTUNE to park at the Las Americas airport parking for a few weeks. Yes I paid.

here is another trick. i have 2 cars. switch the plates and park the car. leave the original license plate inside the car. when you are ready to take the car back, switch the plates back on and leave with the real plates. now claim you have lost the ticket.they have your old plates in the daily log, not the original plates you have just changed on the car. it takes only 2 screws, 4 minute work, maybe even less. hahaha.
I will just take the cab, cheaper for me from santo domingo.
AZB

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
These rates are pretty comparable with airport parking rates in the US. I agree that with a longer stay that a taxi would be cheaper.