!finally! We Dont Need Aa Anymore.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Mexicana de Aviaci?n announced they will start on Feb. 1st. the route Santo Domingo-Miami-Santo domingo at the incredible low fare of $199 RT.
they will fly also to another american cities very soon.
Days of AA monopoly in the country are counted.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
American Airlines must come down in D.R. Amen!

I'm delighted to learn of such news. As i see it, as the beginning of the end for AAlines rip-off system! New York City is only 3:51 from Las Americas Int"l airport..and with no regard or
consideration to the hard working Quisqueyanos, AAlines has incured European terifs on our peoples. For example, one can take a RT fare to Japan (where i lived for 8yrs on & off)..for us$700 which AAlines charges for it's RT to DR from April- Dec. or to France for as little us$300 RT. France is seven hrs. distance. So you Quisqueyanos out there just think! for nine months out of the year you are suckered into paying high prices..so then you won't be able to see and visit your homeland and spend some time with your love ones, just because the fare is outrageous! We desperately need other airlines to compete against this rip-off AAlines or we bring them down ourselves by our own vocies and boycott!!

Last edited:

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Mexicana de Aviaci?n & Mexicans. . .

I must agree with Hlywud, I would take a wait and see policy with regards to how M.de A. will treat Dominicans. After the shabby treatment that we received in Mexico, because Mrs. CES is 'una Dominicana', (I admit it was years ago, my wife said that she would never set foot their country again,) we don't want to be the first in line to use M.de A.

As for 'AA' screwing us all these years it's true, their fairs are 'unfair', just two weeks ago I saw an add for a US$400.- R.T. SFO to Paris. . .

. . . CES"

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I am not an airline expert but...

I think that airlines are competitive. No competition equals high prices.

I book an internet fare of 239 plus taxes to POP from JFK. I could have gone to London for 179- plus taxes from JFK also.

Maybe Mexicana will provide a stimulus to AA to lower fares.

It costs more to fly to Syracuse NY from NYC than it costs to fly to Florida. No demand or competition equals high prices.

Regards
Scott

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"I book an internet fare of 239 plus taxes to POP from JFK. I could have gone to London for 179- plus taxes from JFK also." Jazzcom

Wow, are you serious about these fares ($239 pop-jfk)? I thought that deal was over a while back. When did you book it, recently?
Good news.... for now at least.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
"I book an internet fare of 239 plus taxes to POP from JFK. I could have gone to London for 179- plus taxes from JFK also." Jazzcom

Wow, are you serious about these fares ($239 pop-jfk)? I thought that deal was over a while back. When did you book it, recently?
Good news.... for now at least.

I am coming on Thursday. AA direct both ways. I booked it a few days ago. Going to Sosua to have a drink and hang out at the beach for you since you didnt do it yourself!:)

I may even find a good looking young woman for myself. Sheesh, if you cant do that in the DR you are either dumber than a box of rocks or just plain dead! My problem is keeping them away from me. I carry a baseball bat around to keep them off of me.

Regards