"What the Heck?!" in Gaspar

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
What the Heck??!! Does anybody know/has anybody seen the god-awful, soviet-gallactic inspired, 5 story monstrous-air traffic controller-flying nun-protuberance under construction on the playa just before reaching Gaspar Hernandez (if heading west)? What the Heck? What is that? (And please forgive me if it is your new home....I am sure, with a little landscaping, it is going to be really nice). I guess there is no such thing as an Historic Building Commission on the Costa Norte.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"I guess there is no such thing as an Historic Building Commission on the Costa Norte."

Ya don't say?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Errrmm. Don't EVEN get me STARTED about Gaspar Hernandez. I have a story that will make every hair on your body desert.

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
Good old Dominican Rages to Riches story: one day you are selling stuff on the street and the next day you are in the (Dominican Upper Class) what ever that means. Therefore, you have to let everyone know it by cutting down trees, sponsoring the Samana Santa event and buying a helicopter etc… P.S. ask the locals and they will tell you how he got the money, wasn’t buy playing the NYC Mega lottery.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I have heard its a private home however it looks like a 40room lux resort, must have an awesome view from up there.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Good old Dominican Rages to Riches story: one day you are selling stuff on the street and the next day you are in the (Dominican Upper Class) what ever that means. Therefore, you have to let everyone know it by cutting down trees, sponsoring the Samana Santa event and buying a helicopter etc? P.S. ask the locals and they will tell you how he got the money, wasn?t buy playing the NYC Mega lottery.

I know you probably meant "rags to riches" but I think I am going to say "rages to riches" from now on because it's just so damn funny. Thank you.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
This should be good.. cant wait... LOL

Does he have a MURAL Painting of himself on a Wall at the grand Entrance by chance ? or does that come later ,if some business deal goes south and we can guess the rest..
Also , there is usually a Go Cart Race track of some sort at these type of " Haciendas" , or are those not En Vogue any longer among those business types...

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
That building is getting bigger, minimum 8 million U.S , its going to cost a fortune to maintain and secure it in that location.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That building is getting bigger, minimum 8 million U.S , its going to cost a fortune to maintain and secure it in that location.

Thats Crazy... Even Rapper 50 cent realized it was not worth it, and put his CT Mansion up for sale, for like 19 mil US ?,..

As I recall it was like $80,000 ? a MONTH to maintain it ? or some such .. think about that , almost a MILLION a year to maintain a mansion..
crazy money..

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I know you probably meant "rags to riches" but I think I am going to say "rages to riches" from now on because it's just so damn funny. Thank you.

I like the Dominican version: llegaron en chancletas, y se van en yeepetas.

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
The rapper 50 cent is not Dominican...jajaja...Dominican will and have to do it BIG, as for his name Aniano Rivas and the Helicopter color this year is red.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
whose house is that?

I don't know, however as you go east @ Gasper Hernandez its on the right side of the road up on a mountain overlooking the ocean. It will probably be ocean front soon as the road there is steadily falling into the ocean due to erosion.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
He is actually the founder and owner of Moto tipo San. They import and sell Motorcycles nation wide. He is a greatcontributor to the community, very generous with the folk of Gaspar Hernandez, He helps alot of people and contributes to sports and other projects here in town. Quite a nice fellow and well respected. I have seen it first hand.

Last year the employee xmas part had Antony Santos live and this year Frank Reyes. He gave away about a million pesos in gifts to his employees at the party ! I know a lot of people working there, probably 20% of the town at this point !Owns a lot of homes and real-estate around also.

As for the house , its still taking shape I think but yeah its gonna be something when its done !