jeep rental

willen

Jan 26, 2002
We are going to Punta Cana for the first time in February. We usually like to rent a jeep and explore the area while in the Caribbean. Can a jeep be rented in Punta Cana? If so, is it worthwhile and safe? Thanks for your help!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Definitely rent a jeep to go out and explore. We recommend you head north to El Seibo and Miches (Playa Esmeralda) and then to Sabana de la Mar (Ca?o Hondo for lunch, Los Haitises tour). Just be sure to leave early so you can have a full day of exploring and be back before night fall.

On another day visit the Plantacion Tropical (Anturiana) tropical gardens in Hato Mayor. You will need a guide, but the Fun Fun Cave, also in Hato Mayor, with seven kilometers of an underground river, is also spectacular.

For Chevrolet Tracker rentals, contact the DR1 sponsor, National Car Rental at http://www.dr1.com/national

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Jeep In Puerto Plata ?

Hi, I'm gonna receive family from abroad late february, and I too wish to rent a jeep for about a week... I live in the Pto Pta region, what would you recommend ?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Go National. When you rent a car it is important to rent with a reliable company that will stand behind the rental. National is owned by the largest car importing company in the DR (Santo Domingo Motors). See information at http://www.dr1.com/national

They also frequently have plans for renting for a week. Check with them through their web site as to what may be available.

As to where to go, depends on what your family feels up to and how active they want to be. The North Coast has enough attractions to keep you exploring for a week. See the Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and Playa Grande DR1 pages, using the link that is provided in the Destinations section of the left sidebar of the travel section.

cpa007

Dec 6, 2004
Looking For Jeep Wrangler

Looking To Rent Or Buy A Good Condition Jeep Wrangler In Dominican Republic.. Can Anyone Help

Jesse

*** Spammer! ***
Jan 9, 2005
Car rental in puerto plata

Looks like spam so I deleted it.

Last edited by a moderator: