rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
For ease of under standing i will describe the land situation this way
from coast line and back 30 metres- belongs to government- Section A
Next 30 metres ( going back)- Section B
at 60 metre mark mi land begins- section C

Larger block deslinded-
After that MY smaller block could be deslinded - section C

My block had water views(C); i paid for water views from the land owner of the entire greater sized block of land.
the front of my land is 60 metres from the coast ( the land in front of my land is section B and then A on the coast)
My lawyer said that i can move my block forward 30 metres ( now 30 metres from the coast line) The surveyor never did this.
My lawyer told me that my view will never be built out, and this 30 metres of land (section B) towards the coast from the front of my land
land will be zoned to reflect that; i purchased land believing that i will not have my view taken from me.

The original land owner and surveyor at the last minute changed the survey to 'the land owner retaining land rights
in front of my property (section B)...so he can potentially builds a home in front of my land (section B).
The land court approved it; my lawyer didnt know about the change; my lawyer wasnt in court to hear what was being said( is that unusual???)
My lawyer told the surveyor what i wanted...but the surveyor seemed to follow the instructions of the original land owner rather than my lawyers instruction which was to maintain my water views ( protected legally i.e, section B there is to be no construction

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
For ease of under standing i will describe the land situation this way
from coast line and back 30 metres- belongs to government- Section A
Next 30 metres ( going back)- Section B
at 60 metre mark mi land begins- section C

My lawyer informs me in the location of Luperon that the 60 metre no construction rule does NOT apply, and that you
CAN build 30 metres from the coast line

The Larger block holding many properties was deslinded-
After that MY smaller block could be deslinded; and was deslinded - section C
I have no problems up until this point

My block had water views(C); i paid for water views from the land owner of the
entire greater sized block of land.
the front of my land is 60 metres from the coast ( the land in front of my land is
section B and then A on the coast)
My lawyer said that i can move my block forward 30 metres ( now 30 metres from the coast line,
which would mean that section B would be mine)
The surveyor never did this.
My lawyer told me that my view will never be built out, and this 30 metres of land (section B) towards the coast from the front of my land
land will be zoned to reflect that; i purchased land believing that i will not have my view taken from me.

The original land owner and surveyor at the last minute changed the survey to 'the land owner retainS land rights
in front of my property (section B)...Which means that he can potentially build a home in front of my land (section C).
The land court approved it; my lawyer didnt know about the change; my lawyer wasnt in court to hear what was being said( is that unusual?;
should my lawyer have been present in court to challenge this document???)
My lawyer told the surveyor what i wanted...but the surveyor seemed to follow the instructions of the original land owner rather than my lawyers instruction
which was to maintain my water views ( protected legally i.e, section B there is to be no construction

. My lawyer claims the survey may have acted inappropriately; HOWEVER the land court has approved the land layout/design/property positions
I can not challenge this unless i go to court which is 2 years away to have my case heard.

1/ if the surveyor acted inappropriately can i re-open the case with my lawyer and fix this quickly.
Given my land contract specifies my land can never be built out? If the surveyor made a mistake...
can i fix this quickly???
What can i do, i need suggestions????

2/ my lawyer has never lied to me before and has a good reputation; seriously i have known her for 8 years and she has done everything properly for me...EVERYTHING

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Roger. They probably did you a favor. Those who have ocean front property here have found how much of a problem the salt air creates. But then, you have essentially ocean front now without the potential exclusive view.

I know, I would not want to be screwed as you have been. Ocean front sounds nice on the surface of it.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Remember that you cant build within 60 m of the water edge. If the buyer in front does this then thats illegal. Also front line beach houses has its risks besides salt corrosion you really at risk of storm surge from Hurricanes that can literally wipe the whole property away. Every 20 years a large storm hits the island on average.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
can't build within 60M without a permit.... which can be granted

Now that you mention it, I have seen retaining walls built inside the 60m area on Cabarete beachfront. They put up about 6 foot wall and filled inside for a yard overlooking the beach. But are you talking about actual structures?

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Remember that you cant build within 60 m of the water edge. If the buyer in front does this then thats illegal. Also front line beach houses has its risks besides salt corrosion you really at risk of storm surge from Hurricanes that can literally wipe the whole property away. Every 20 years a large storm hits the island on average.

My lawyer was told in this particular area of Luperon that you can extend the property to 30 meters from the waters edge

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
views are not actually used much ... like a moon roof... nice to have... but,,,not used much ... so bite the bullett and build yourself a rooftop patio and enjoy ....have more parties, entertain some ...if u single invite wild women over..if you married only invite them when your wifey is visiting her mother for 4 weeks.. like
they do in the hamptons rooftops and parties go well together and in 30 years well we will see...

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Roger. They probably did you a favor. Those who have ocean front property here have found how much of a problem the salt air creates. But then, you have essentially ocean front now without the potential exclusive view.

I know, I would not want to be screwed as you have been. Ocean front sounds nice on the surface of it.

i hear you

My properties are 36 metres wide
* 80 metres long so i did plan to build towards the rear of my property.... 120 mtres fom cliff's

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
chicpea,
enlighten us please........

how does one 'use' a view....??
or , if it is easier, 'not use' a view ??

I am thinking blindfolds............

bloody67

Jan 16, 2011
Unfortunately what you describe is very common here ,,,, inparticular against foreigners. I cannot sugar coat it for you, they ALL were in on it, I bet the attorney 1, Did not get the date or 2, Had some Important thing come up ,,, we hear this all the time.
Be advised the property in front will be built on and or sold with a Special Permit for development, and they will use YOUR MONEY .

Soloution : None ......Classic Burn Here ...... I hope you enjoy liviving near the beach.

Last edited by a moderator: