Need a Men's Clothing Manufacture in the D.R.

Mattinnorfolk

Dec 15, 2013
I have started a clothing line for athletically built men, that are dressy, elegant and made for Spring, Summer, and Fall wear only. I need to go into Punta Cana in a couple of weeks from the states, and would love to tour any potential manufacture there, or elsewhere in the country. . They will need to do smaller amount's to start, and of very high quality. I know the clothing industry is much smaller than years ago here, but if anyone knows anything it would be appreciated.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You won't find anything in Punta Cana. La Romana and San Pedro would be the closest places I believe.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago has at least one high end manufacturer of men's clothing, in the Santiago Free Zone.

You can contact me for information for contacts. (talking top of the line clothing).

HB

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Santiago has at least one high end manufacturer of men's clothing, in the Santiago Free Zone.
In this case, the OP may want to explore whether changing his flight to Santiago or POP is feasible. Santo Domingo would make sense in case there are also candidates in the capital and/or the South East. The PUJ airport may be the least appropriate for his objectives.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The zona francas (free trade zones) are where clothes manufacturers exist. I have a friend that has worked for the Haines company for around 9 years. I believe in that case it is Haines themselves and not an independent manufacturer. They have manufacturing facilities in at least 2 maybe 3 locations, one at the zona franca Las Americas (near the Santo Domingo airport) another in the zona franca Autopista San Isidro (Santo Domingo) and maybe a third up in Bonao.
Good luck!