Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian visitor Visa Info

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian visitor Visa Info

When I applied for a Canadian visa there was no biometric data taken and no consular interview, but this was before the earthquake. Back then the consulate was in Haiti.

How has the process changed? Do you need to get fingerprinted now?

I'd appreciate any first hand info on this.

Thanks!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know for Dominicans is not necesary fingerprint yet. But things change and maybe when you apply again rules change. They have now a new Visa Center where you must go to deposit the papers in torre Piantini, Av. Abraham Lincoln. They also asist people to fill out the aplication for an extra fee.

Here you can have all the info http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

3. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    As far as I know for Dominicans is not necesary fingerprint yet. But things change and maybe when you apply again rules change. They have now a new Visa Center where you must go to deposit the papers in torre Piantini, Av. Abraham Lincoln. They also asist people to fill out the aplication for an extra fee.

Always expect changes that do not favor the gringo. When i applied for residency in late 2009 it took almost 18 months to get it, at that time it was a 1 year temp then you apply for permanent. 2 months after receiving residency they changed the law implementing a 5 year temp renewal before applying for permanent. Two lawyers assured me I was safe due to getting before law change. Reality I am now on my 4th year temporary. Believe nobody, be prepared for the worst!

5. Dislikes Aguaita29 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post

Did you go after the earthquake?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaita29 View Post
    Did you go after the earthquake?
    Yes, I applyed first time in Dec 2012 I got 6 months multiple visa, then applyed again in 2013 and I got 6 years visa. In that time all process was made in Consular office in Acropolis, now they changed and Acropolis Office Embassy is only for Citizens. First Ime I got the visa I got the interview at the airport in Toronto with an Inmigration Officer. With my next visa I only talk at the checkpoint entrance officers.

8. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also apply online if you prefer. Same website.

10. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Online is the best option

Did it twice already online just upload all paper work and follow the progress online, got message after 5 days to bring passport to visitor center and then got it back after another 5 days with the 6 years visa inside.

Nobody ever asked anything in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    You can also apply online if you prefer. Same website.

12. Likes KateP, Aguaita29 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webmacon View Post
    Did it twice already online just upload all paper work and follow the progress online, got message after 5 days to bring passport to visitor center and then got it back after another 5 days with the 6 years visa inside.

Nobody ever asked anything in Toronto.
    To me only first time at my arrival sent me to the inmigration office. After that not anymore.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    Always expect changes that do not favor the gringo. When i applied for residency in late 2009 it took almost 18 months to get it, at that time it was a 1 year temp then you apply for permanent. 2 months after receiving residency they changed the law implementing a 5 year temp renewal before applying for permanent. Two lawyers assured me I was safe due to getting before law change. Reality I am now on my 4th year temporary. Believe nobody, be prepared for the worst!
    Expat , she is talking about a Visa to Canada, not a Dominican Visa or residency.

15. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

All the information you require is here.
    Last edited by AnnaC; 12-29-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast