Sosua - Bar shutdown for prostitution (??)

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I was in Sosua the other night and went to a bar with my girlfriend. I've previously been there and as many places in Sosua, chikas were bountiful and none too subtle. Some would openly hunt in the bar and then walk in the middle of the street to see if a motorist was interested. However, I was surprised to see there was a dramatically reduced number and if I can assume that some were, they were subtle and even coy. I asked my girlfriend and she said that the bar had been closed for several months for prostitution. Anybody openly "hunting" were asked to leave and we saw one woman ejected for exactly that. I was surprised.

I thought prostitution was legal so I had to review the law and found that only "3rd Party" prostitution was illegal. Brothels and such.

Anybody know the scoop? I thought prostitution in Sosua was largely ignored and even tacitly encouraged to draw customers. Has there been a change?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ground Hog's Day is not for another month!
Come on, there are @ least 5 threads on "Bar Closings" and the ever evolving "Clean -Up in Sosua in the archives, this is NOT a new development.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Ground Hog's Day is not for another month!
Come on, there are @ least 5 threads on "Bar Closings" and the ever evolving "Clean -Up in Sosua in the archives, this is NOT a new development.

Okay, point taken. I'll search before posting.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
There is NO Prostitution in Sosua.... Never seen it, never heard of it.. dont believe everything you hear and read...
Sosua is a nice wholesome town for Families and Retirees to spend their Pensions, and live out their Golden Years in peace..

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
After some reflection, I realize that I didn't name this thread correctly. What I noticed was dramatically different behavior in the chikas de Sos?a then from a few months ago. I'm curious why.

Last time I spent time in Sosua, the chikas were throwing themselves on my car (much to the distress of my jealous girlfriend). IIn the bar, there was nothing subtle or coy about these ladies of the night as they were aggressive and competitive. Now, things are considerably different and much more, ah, tame, relaxed, and enjoyable (although I doubt the biz has abated much).

Even the woman that ejected above only suffered a time out as she was back after an hour. And, the women in the street looking for cruising cars were much more careful as soon as they were observed they pretended to be merely crossing the street.

I'm just curious why. There must be a coordinated effort by the police and businesses to calm things down some.

I'll take a different tack. I know many women that work Sosua. I'll ask them.

And, I agree with jd426. There is NO prostitution in Sosua. These women will vigorously assert this fact although it remains a mystery how they paid for their cosmetic surgeries.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
all femmes are licensed at birth...they are allowed to sell something that they have...
but they are trying to find a way to tax the transactions...

Jul 28, 2014
Part of that behaviour is probably partly to the fact they do random Haitiana round up's (of which plenty are part of the mix), they "seized" a bunch a few weeks back, put 'em on a bus, and ADIOS....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
UW104HJ.jpg
Are you referring to Dorothy or Toto?

Jee Jee

No question. Toto all the way.