Santo Domingo to Boca chica...how to get there?

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Apologies i did see an entry explaing how...i tried to find it but cant

I'm travelling from Santo Dom ( ZONA COLONIAL) to Boca Chica;

i think its enriquillo or something

Hope you can help

thx

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The parada de autobuses a boca chica is a few blocks away from Parque Enriquillo on, I believe, Calle Jose Marti. It's a very inexpensive trip to BC, in fact, the taxi ride to the parada costs more.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Boca Chica has some of the cleanest beaches and best hospitality on the island.
Hands down, my favorite family vacation spot.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015

Interesting. I wasn't impressed at all when I was there in July. A litter berg floated off the beach and the gringo gouging reached record levels. The locals were hungry and circled like sharks. Tired of saying no repeatedly, I avoided the beach and cowered in my hotel room. Not pleasant.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I love boca chica...as for the vendors ,I always found ...."no, gracias" works ...if you aint spending they move on

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Interesting. I wasn't impressed at all when I was there in July. A litter berg floated off the beach and the gringo gouging reached record levels. The locals were hungry and circled like sharks. Tired of saying no repeatedly, I avoided the beach and cowered in my hotel room. Not pleasant.
Vendors have NO access to the Hamaca (Be Live) beach, which is a natural swimming pool formed by a coral reef.
Now, service isn't a strength and room quality varies a lot.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Since you are in la zona walk to Pacos/Grands restaurante. Wait for one of them beat up, piece of crap guagua #14 or #19. Tell the cobrador la parada de autobus Boca Chica. Which is as already posted on Calle Jose Marti. Pay 25 pesos when you get off the guagua. 60 pesos will be collected on the mini bus on the way down.

Coming back to the city a little trickier. Take the red shirt mini autobus to the transfer point just across from Andres. I say the red shirt bus because this bus will bring you back to Parque Independencia whereas the blue shirt bus only brings you to Parque Enriquillo.

It is easy and really don't need to be fluent in Spanish to pull it off.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Its not in the top 10 for most beautiful beaches thats for sure but certainly not the ugliest..its alright for a fun day on the beach and quite relaxing during the week..busy and loud during the weekends..

Megadivo

Sep 8, 2015

Say Whattttttttttt - LOL

I am not even going to comment on this. I would just love to see your house.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

CristoRey, I have been there with you for some cold beers and watch the chicas pass by so I can only surmise that you are joking or have been smoking something.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

LOL, I think we all know you are joking.

Boca Chica is what it is. For tourists it is a low budget island get-away. The vendors are a pain but never make eye contact and act like they don't exist. I prefer the western end of playa boca chica. Can't recall the name but there is a nice restaurant with table and chairs on the beach under a nice palm tree. Weekdays are quiet and weekends is usually very crowded.

Boca Chica is NOT for everyone, but for those who can deal with a seedy little town it can be fun.

I was there a few weeks ago and those old wooden fish shacks on the western end have been torn down and being replaced with brick and mortar buildings. Some type of renovation project is underway.