Vesuvio restaurant

guevero

Jan 28, 2002
What do you guys think about the Vesuvio restaurant in santo domingo ? Heard it's a nice place , What do you think ?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
It's the oldest still standing restaurant in Santo Domingo. It's a classic. We all grew up eating at Vesuvio's. The restaurant never let's you down. Good place for a business lunch, also.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delores

Is Mario's as good as it used to be when they were on Parque Independencia?? How about Lina's. Those and Vesuvio's were our favourites in the 60s.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Mario's is closed. They reopened on 27 de Febrero Avenue, but it wasn't the same, or probably too much competition. There are two new restaurants opening every month in Santo Domingo. As for Lina... It was bought out by the Barcelo hotel chain, and everyone says it has never been the same. I used to know every dish on the menu of the old Lina, but have never been back.

guevero

Jan 28, 2002
Ok you've talked about Lina and mario's , but what about vesuvio , is it good quality or should we go someplace else

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I never got to go to vesuvios but I heard it's really good for Italian. A little more on the upscale side of the house $$$.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Actually, I did comment on Vesuvio in my first post to you. Definitely, go to Vesuvio. You can have lunch or dinner with the breezes of the Caribbean Sea just meters away. The restaurant is on the Malecon. What is outstanding about this restaurant is that it has maintained its same high standards over the years. No other restaurant can hold up to that. Vesuvio first opened in 1954, if my memory is right. Great seafood dishes. They also have an extensive Dominican food menu.

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
My girl and I eat at Vesuvio at least once each time I go down. We normally have a table out on the sidewalk. 2 weeks ago we arrived early, and decided to eat inside, First time for that. They have always had good food and service. For the service and food, the price is very reasonable I think. I think I saw another restaurant called Vesuvio II. My guess is the same owners but have never ate there. To be honest I could not even tell you exactly where we were at the time, passed by in a taxi.

Jerry

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Vesuvio II is located on Avenida Tiradentes in Naco. The original Malecon Vesuvio Restaurant is overseen by Enzo Bonarelli, the eldest son of the original Bonarelli. Vesuvio II is run by a brother. Actually, the chef is a third generation Bonarelli.

guevero

Jan 28, 2002
thanks

Thanks for all the info , I'll visit vesuvio . With all the info you gave me I know they won't let me down .