What is a DOMINICAN? PART 2

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
For your info, I sent no email. If I had it would have been because you allow emails, otherwise they can't be sent. Am I right Rob?

I knew what you meant by hit me and you should know what I meant when I said sarcastically I wouldn't bother getting my hands dirty.

As far as Taino blood, my friend, most Dominicans are a mixture of several races. The Tainos, the Caribs, and the Arawaks, the indigeonous peoples of the Caribbean were wiped out through the cruelty of European settlers and the diseases they brought. I wish there were still those native people around. So sad that they are extinct.

I don't really care how you meant to use the word white, it came out as an insult, as others pointed out. And you continue it throughout your response.

BTW, I am an American who was raised in the DR and learned from Dominican institutions. My friends were Dominicans of all classes, rich and poor from Santo Domingo to SanPedro to Moca to Pedernales. From Trujillistas to PRDistas. I had friends who fought on both sides of the 65 revolution and agree it was not right for the US to intervene politically...although I believe that by the military intervent ion it shortened the war and saved lives on both sides.

I also would agree that anyone who comes to the DR with the intentions of sexual adventures with children should end up swimming with the sharks.

But please don't judge everyone by the actions of a few...

Most who immigrate there do so out of a love for the country and its people. I look forward to retiring there on a pisce of the beach near Pedernales. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to improving the lot of those less fortunate, either though investments or just friendship.

It sounds to me like you need to find the Dominican in you..thats the only definition you need. Be proud of your life and accomplishments. Let the others worry about what they want and they will probably find it...maybe it is merengue, Presidente, etc. That is their choice.

I am also happy for you...your spelling and grammer improved drastically over your first post, now some of our other posters won't get off subject trying to correct you...couldn't be American schooling could it?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
that's a White thing!

So is the English Language so stop using it. Spanish is white also so stop using that. TV, RADIO, Computers, Automobiles, All created by white people. So you have to give them up as well.

You still have'nt answered my question:
What is a Dominican?

Anyone born in The Dominican republic and holds Dominican Citizenship. Also all Naturalized Dominicans. OK Simple huh?

Cartman is right.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I don't intend on taking sides in this matter, I am mostly interested in educating myself through the intelects of others...yet, I am compelled to share something with all of you.

I was born in this small town of BANI, called VILLA FUNDACION. When my parents came to the U.S, I had to stay there with my fathers family until my parents could come back for me and my sister. This town was like any other DR town, poor...life revolved around the conuco (farm), the houses were your typical wood and palmas or zinc roof, dirt roads, no water (southern DR might as well be a desert) and almost no electricity. I was one of the lucky few who's parents send money to from the U.S but my aunt would never let us see that. The one thing that happened to this town was that A LOT of people started leaving to Santo Domingo and the U.S...yet they never forgot about their poor VILLA FUNDACION and of their people. Now, it could just have been because many still had families and kids back in the town, or just a plain out desire to make things better...but something incredible happened.

In Santo Domingo, these Fundacioneros formed an organization which they called ADEFU. ADEFU sole purpose was to raise money to do what the government had failed to do...take care of the people of this town. ADEFU grew to the US with a branch in NY and another one in Boston....to make a long stoy short, today VILLA FUNDACION is one of the prettiest dominican campos I've ever been to. ADEFU paved all the streets, build schools, hospital, baseball park and beautified the town. ALL WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE GOVERNMENT.

Now, to me this is a great part of what being Dominican is....hard work and the love for your people. I am returning to DR in March and I would love to take any of you who are interested in visiting.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
sorry but I have one more thing.

It's true that us trigenos are most likely decedants of Tainos. But there is no possible way that any Dominican today is 100% Taino. Dominicans are one of the most diverse people in the world. Our race emcompasses everything from the Taino to African and yes, even white spanish blood.

Going back to my experience in DR this past December...After spending a couple of days in Santo Domingo I thought to myself that I would never return to live there because of all the negatives. Then it hit me...as long as people keep taking the negative view and running away from the problems, nothing is going to change. I am only 21 and I may never run for office in DR, but with my education and broadened view of the world, I can make a difference...it may not be able to do anything now, but maybe 10 years from now. One thing is for sure though, I can't do much here and that's why I've made the decision to move back to my beautiful country upon graduation in May.

I just hope that more young professionals will start to do the same.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
i hope this will do it

You know your Dominican if.....

Some of your favorite expressions consist of:
"Co?o"
"Anda La Mierda"
"Anda El Diablo"
"Cool"
"El diache"
"Que Baina"
"Dimelo"
"Ta To"
"Y Es Facil"
"Que lo Que"
"A Po Ta Bien"
"Que Tripeo"
"Tu si jode"
"Ta Cool"
"Ta jevi"
"La creta"
"Tu ta pasa"
"No Le De Mente!"
"Cojelo suave"
"Que Bufeo"
"No Te Quille"
"Degrasia"
"Malba"
"Barbarasa"
"Pariguayo"

You got family living in da Heightz (better said Guashington Heights)...

If people tell you to stop screaming when ur really talking

If u clap your hands while laughing

Ur able to dance without any music

If u point out things with ur mouth and nose

If u learned to dance merengue and bachata before u could walk

If you have ever gotten hit with any of the following:
blue rubber slippers, black grandpa slippers, extension cord, hanger
(plastic or metal), big rice spoon.

If you waste all your money in the summer time buying "Frio-Frio" (RED
flavor) and "Coquito"

If your parents go to a little room in the back of your local bodega "pa
juga lo numero" of DR

If you consider platanos one of the major food groups

If u can smell the chuleta cookin in ur house from down the block

If while in ur contry, u hear people on ur block yellin "se fue la lus!"

If ur house in DR has an oil lamp in every room

If you grew up listening to Fernandito Villalona or Sergio Vargas

If ur dad or ur uncle claim to be dead broke, yet rock a cell phone and
is laced wit mad gold around his neck and wrists

If u were afraid of something called "el cuco" as a child

If you drop liqueur on the floor and say "eso e pa lo muerto!"

If you drink Brugal, Presidente, or Mama Juana like WATER

If u've eva gotten whipped by a diablo cojuelo or lechon

If you got 3 elephants in ur living room

If ur sofas are covered in plastic

If u have iced-tea, Tang, and Club Soda (red flavored) in your
refrigerator

If u eat Mangu or fritos with ketchup (you know you all do it!)

If u say words like.......Razor is GILE........Nailpolish is
CUT?.......Femenine Pads are KOTE......Vick's Vapor Rub is
Vivaporu.........T-Shits is POLOCHE........Watchman is
GUACHIMAN.....Garbage
is EL Gabish.......Cereal is CONFLE

If u believe Vivaporu is the cure for everything

If u have been made to wear underwear to the beach when little

If u take una olla de espaguetti wherever there's a gathering (like the
beach, park, party)

If in a 4-passanger car, u got 7 people in it and someone yeliin "caben
ma!"

If u use an old t-shirt, towel, or any type of clothing as a mop.

If u have ever let someone throw AGUA FLORIDA on you for good luck

If in your house on the island...there is broken glass to prevent
intruders

If you refer to every cat as MISHU

If your childhood games were called: EL ESCONDIDO, POLLITO PLEIBI, APARA
Y BATEA, EL GALLO, or that game with a stick and a wheel

If your parents dressed you up for Halloween as a VAQUERO, CAMPESINA,
GITANA, HAWALLANA

If your refrigerator has about 50 magnets on them

If all your pots and pans are inside the oven

If your local bodega does lay-a-way/credit plans (fiao)

If a frosted beer to you is VESTIDA DE NOVIA or UNA FRIA

If since you were little BALAGUER has been dying

If you have ever bathed with JABON DE CUABA

If your parents ever gave you ACEITE DE BACALAO when you were sick

If you have ever gone to QUISQUEYA PARK

If ether ya father or one of ya uncles has more kids than the fingers on
his left hand, all with different women

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Re: i hope this will do it

missing_dr said:

Some of your favorite expressions consist of:
"Co?o"
"Anda La Mierda"
"Anda El Diablo"
"Cool"
"El diache"
"Que Baina"
"Dimelo"
"Ta To"
"Y Es Facil"
"Que lo Que"
"A Po Ta Bien"
"Que Tripeo"
"Tu si jode"
"Ta Cool"
"Ta jevi"
"La creta"
"Tu ta pasa"
"No Le De Mente!"
"Cojelo suave"
"Que Bufeo"
"No Te Quille"
"Degrasia"
"Malba"
"Barbarasa"
"Pariguayo"

Hey, missing_dr, would you be a sport and translate these for us folks who would like to learn?
thnx :)

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
missing_dr

I knew it! It did rub off!! I AM A DOMINICAN!!!

DRTechie your people definately are true Dominicanos...mucho respeto!!

Papito

Jan 23, 2002
True Dominican

Missing,

That has got to be the funniest sh*t I have ever read..
I could not stop laughing!!!! I especially remember playing with the tire and the two sticks :)

Tiger--> You have got to be kidding me... Cops wanting to shoot new bullets into Dominicans... I just love when people think that folks just wake up in the morning and Say "ohh I think I will take out my frustrations on the Dominicans in the Heights today."

Washington heights is a living embarrassment to any decent Dominican... The crap that area has become can only be attributed to the lack of care and pride we Dominicans have allowed our youth to lose. Shit, I grew up in the city, and half of the other Dominicans I went to high school with either became cops and work in the heights or became drug dealers and criminals. Spare me the crap, with the COPS and the abuse of Dominicans. You let the youth lose focus on what being Dominican is all about and you can be sure Cops will start to profile you. Enjoy life my friend, & clean up the heights please!!!!!

Papito

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Best Post of the year Award

If there is one, I nominate (missing_dr). Gotta go, laughing to much. How right you are.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Two Things. . .

Papito,

It's best that you've said it and I agree, Wash. Hgts. is an "embarrassment" and Mrs. CES will say he same (the Hgts. makes good Dominicans look bad!).

DRTechie,

We'll be waiting and watching for your presence in the rough and tumble world of Dominican politics, I wish you luck, your going to need it.
?Cuidate!

regards,

. . . CES"

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Re: i hope this will do it

missing_dr said:

Oh my G-D I couldnt stop laughing!!!!!!
missing dr so true .. I broke out in tears I was laughing so hard here at work they wanted to know what was wrong..my sides hurt hahahaha....

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
missing_dr from India?

Are you sure you are not Dominican?. AZB must be trying to pull another one on us. All that stuff is just too good. LMAO! :)

rolfy-RD

Jan 10, 2002
U SUC tiger

hey tiger u sound extremly BLACK! soy dominicano de sanfrancisco de macoris and i dont think ppl who are dominican on this board or anyone whos dominican complain as much as you do.WE make crappy things like life in the DR and make it better. The only ppl in the world that complain and blaim their situation on RACISM are american blacks and haitians,dont complain so much dude dominicans are going on in the world because somos gente con aspirasiones.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Re: U SUC tiger

rolfy-RD said:
hey tiger u sound extremly BLACK! soy dominicano de sanfrancisco de macoris and i dont think ppl who are dominican on this board or anyone whos dominican complain as much as you do.WE make crappy things like life in the DR and make it better The only ppl in the world that complain and blaim their situation on RACISM are american blacks and haitians,dont complain so much dude dominicans are going on in the world
because somos gente con aspirasiones.
[/QUOTE

RE: By Tiger

I never said that i was complaining about what you see as a
complaint! all i'm saying is that you are also among the thousands people of Quisqueya whom are confused with they're identity..are you a Dominican friar? you people just don't get it!
The name of our island is Quisqueya! and we are Quisqueyanos!
I'm the one who's bored with your responses, because i find no
radiance in you..it's like you all read it but your brains are so robotic that you can't comprehand what i'm saying..and for your benefit! know wonder you people think the way you do. You should get rid of blood stained word (Dominican) out of your
senceless heart.

Last edited:

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Good you guys enjoyed my post

Thanks for the appalaud guys. Just trying to keep you guys smiling.

Hey Robert.....can you please remember this post towards being a nominee for the best post of the year!!!