"Caution - Children at Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
In the beginning it was called "Gossip", then in a sort of morff it became "Open", and now I would say it could be called "Subterfuge", . . . well at least in part. And "why would you say that?", at least I think that I heard something similar to that in the back ground of my connection to the cyber world. It really is amazing what you are able to hear when you place your ear next to the ol' PC monitor.

"What in the hell is he talking about", I think I just hear someone say that also. OK here's what I'm building up too, the 'content' of the various messages on the "Open" forum. It's this way, I've 'only ' a limited amount of time in my day to spend reading the 'latest' from DR1. A number of posts in the "Open" forum, it seems were simply contrived to garner a specific reaction, quoting from the writer, "pull your strings". Then after the replies came in reacting to the "pull your strings" challenge the writer cries 'foul', 'it was all a big joke'. I spent some time writing to that thread and gave my opinion of what I thought of the remarks being made. The thread "Detainees in Cuba" is the one that I'm questioning.

Personally, I can care less what is being said in a juvenile exchange between individuals with the time to post such drivel. Although I would like the editorial staff of DR1 to consider this proposition: as means to assist me with the efficient management of my 'PC time' would you please consider a small change in the line up of your various forums. If you, the editorial staff, would add an additional forum entitled "Caution - Children at Play" I would greatly appreciate it! This additional forum would be a sort of 'catch all' for messages that are nothing more than "chat room' exchanges and really not of much interest to the general readership. Also the message exchanges that are clearly predicated on the premise to deceive others would end up in this new forum section. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. . .

regards,

. . . CES"

~ ~ ~ Addendum ~ ~ ~

Thank you Robert, for your consideration. . .

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
My best advice is to just read the other forums.
Ignore this forum, then it will not eat into your PC time.

The "open" forum is just that, open! This is the very reason you are allowed to post the type of message you posted.

Does is get moderated? Yes (light).
Do some posts get moved to other forums? Yes.

For months people sent us emails asking for this type of forum and we delivered.
Personally I feel it works well and we have no plans to change the format.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
U beat me 2 it!

Robert,I will leave it go.You are100% right! I,m "biting" my tongue.Yea,CES,Dr1 will now post a "moderator" to pre-read all posts on the "OPEN" forum.Those deemed worth of your valuable time and attention will be moved to a forum labeled;"Effete Snobs"! How does that sound? I just spent 5 minutes reading your boring post,and I could have been insulting any number of people on this board during that time!Robert,could we have all post containing;insults,profanity,or racial slurs,sent to me by email?I don,t want Ration,and Reason,I want Ranting and Raving!This forum is more like ;The Three Stooges meet Hitler,rather than William F. Buckley meets Jimmy Carter!CES,is that a man with a gun to your head forceing you to read DR1,s "OPEN" forum,or are you just wasting your "valuable" time? Criss Colon

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
CES go to your room!!

Can I join (Criss??) to protest CES's post?

I felt spoken to and was proud of it.

I personally don't give a rats about facts they
bore me to death.

Give me rather half truths, rumors and
juicy gossip.

Got to go back to work. My time is precious too.

X.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
"Effete Snobs"

Yo Crisss,

It took you 5 min. to read my post? That's how long I took to write the damn thing, I think you should look into signing up for some remedial reading lessons and also you should ask for the add on lessons in comprehension.

I simply asked Robert to add a new forum section for your messages to this board, I did not ask for any one to read and edit what's being posted.I thought that my proposal was quite clear, a place for exchanges such as this. . .

regards,

. . . CES"

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Too Late!!!!!!!

To late for your"Mia Culpa",you already look like you think that your "POOP" don,t stink."Your" valuable time? Seriously doubted!"Go away!",you missed making your point.Let us "Bad Boys and Girls" play without annoying you! There is an interesting recipe for "Humble Pie" in the "Living"forum!Seen your proctologist lately? I think you got something stuck "up-there"Criss Colon

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
CES

What are you doing looking for intelligent debate of Foreign detainees in Cuba on a site dedicated to living and travelling in the DR, on a board entitled "OPEN".

Isn't that like complaining that you went to Wendy's and they wouldn't give you a Big Mac?

This "Open" Forum seems to be working great to me...

my two cents,
marc

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Criss Colon, x_man, Marc . . .

Robert said:
You have two choices, get it back on topic and drop the personal "digs" some of you are showing or the second option I close the thread.

It surprises me how incapable some of you are of having a constructive debate.

It seems to me that, possibly, Robert thinks there's a better place for posts written in a particular style. Maybe he's warming up to my idea of starting a sixth forum, what da'yah think?

Yo Crissman,

I like your characterization of the "Open" forum as being something akin to "The Three Stooges" meet "Natzieman". My question for you: which character do you most identify with, one of the three Kings of celluloid or the really funny guy with a lip decoration?

regards,

. . . CES"

Last edited:

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Yo, x_man . . .

I can dig it. . . "dah ZONE" has a much better 'ring' to it, "Children at Play" is . . . 'like waa..y heavy' . . .

. . . CES_man

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ces-Pool"

Does the name "Hitler" scare you? You can "key" "Natziman" and something about a "lip Decoration" but Hitler no? Taking Roberts quote from another thread to insert here for your own purposes is not "kosher!" I don,t "Identify" with anything,that is a "California Phoney" thing.I am the original! People identify with me! Don,t think that there will be a new forum anytime soon,we all like it here,"OPEN",just fine. So "Bugger Off" to the CNN.Com/Wolf site so you don,t waste any more of your "valuable" time with us!Criss Colon

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
To CES and the Adult Crowd

You tried to crucify us, ban us,delete us and even succeeded at destroying the old favorite board and forced DR1 to change to this boring format. You wanted the gossip boys separated from the intellectual elite, the tourist information bureau, and the everydaylifers, and you got it!

Now that we have our own gossip board and are still "King of the Hill" you feel jealous. Just look at the ratings. We double and even quadruple some of the other boards in messages and action.

We have the only Silver Grammies, some headed for gold. We keep attacking the weak sex, priesthood, religion, good manners, civilization, and the law and people still come to us "The Children at Play". I kind of like the title.

I vote for the new name "Children at Play". Give us one month trial and see who continues to drive all the attention. We are not going to be intimidated by boring people. Its just like us music and movie downloaders. There is nothing the music and movie industry can do to stop us. They killed Napster? So what? We got Audiogalaxy, KazaA and other satellite options and we will continue to take on the giants. We bad boys control cyberspace!

TW

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Rules! What rules, this is the "Children at Play" thread.

Yo Crust,

I thought this was the "Open" forum and it was a anything goes kind of place, AND NOW you want to have rules. How can you have an open forum with rules? ? ?

Because you made a reference to the "Peanut Farmer goes to Washington" I didn't want to 'say' Hitler, some one might be confused and think that I was talking about "Pat (KKK) Buucanon".

Actually when "I bugger OFF" from here I'm hanging at my favorite URL --->

http://www.smirkingChimp.com

And you should be so lucky, I spend my "valuable time" here to suffer your slings and jabs when I could be doing some thing really constructive, like writing messages on an Internet BB.

regards,

. . . ces@pollinate.net

~ ~ ~ Addendem ~ ~ ~

Yo Rob,

Look another vote for the "Children at Play" forum, I think that I've detected a 'ground swell here. . . ~ ~ ~

Last edited:

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
I am leaving

AZB, Golo, Criss, Papito, Gemini, JJsk.

With the likes of CES hanging around here and trying to kill all the fun we have here.

I am now thinking about leaving this forum for good.

I feel sad...sniff.....tears...lagrimas

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
oh no, don't go...

missing_dr said:
AZB, Golo, Criss, Papito, Gemini, JJsk.

With the likes of CES hanging around here and trying to kill all the fun we have here.

I am now thinking about leaving this forum for good.

I feel sad...sniff.....tears...lagrimas

If having someone ask you to stay will make a difference, then I'll step up to the plate: don't go missing_dr, if you do, then we'll be missing_missing_dr...
<sub> i think I'm gonna cry</sub>

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
I got support here man

even though jjsk will tell my wife (gemini) everytime i stroll a little bit i do have her support.

so you the serious guys just keep off open forum.

i am refering to the guy who posted caution kids at play

hey CES did you smile when you read my post on " what is dominican part 2" ???

CES

Jan 1, 2002
"Messing" . . .

"With the likes of CES hanging around here and trying to kill all the fun we have here."
"I am now thinking about leaving this forum for good."

missing_dr:

Just how is it that I'm "trying to kill all...the fun . . ."

Robert is the ONLY one that has any control of this forum, I merely read the messages and reply (speak my mind). If Robert feels that I've not followed the guidelines then he is free to do as he wishes and so are you.

~ "If you can't stand the heat don't go to the kitchen" ~

"Missing", is there anything in particular that you might what to imply with your "likes of CES
hanging. . ." statement, if so then please spell it out for us. I'm a big boy, I can take it, say your piece.

And my reply to this:

"so you the serious guys just keep off open forum."
"i am referring to the guy who posted caution kids at play"
"hey CES did you smile when you read my post on " what is dominicanpart 2" ??"

"keep off the forum" - As I said before, Robert will be our guide.

"i am referring to . . ." - Yes, I'm the one that opened the thread and the topic is appropriate for the "Open" forum so I guess I'm compelled to post my reply here.

"hey CES did you simle when you . . ." - No,. . . well maybe a little, remember I'm the serious one, so I don't 'hang' with the street scene crowd. My time is spent with the various members of my wife's family and they all have regular homes with terraces or patios. So I don't spend that much time in the street.

BTW, I've asked you the same question twice now and still no reply. . .

regards,

. . . CES

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Well said TW!

Take "Ces-Pool" as an example.Follows us to the corner,"OPEN FORUM",then complains that he is wasting his "valuable" time having to read our irrelevant childish posts.Then askes that we be banished to "Children at Play" where he would certainly follow.Now he is spending even more of his "valuable" time saying how much he doesn,t like us,and defending his false pride. Good thing is he lives in California and is not sleeping well as he awaits our every post with relish! His new found "Love" for Robert is at least late in coming,and at worst makes him a candidate for "Lambonaso" of the month!He reminds me of the ugly girl who goes to a party where she is not welcome,then when nobody pays her any attention announces;"If you all don,t stop being "Nasty" I,m going to put my clothes on and go home!"We need a worthy "Foe" not some "Casper Milktoast" who protests "Too Much!" Criss Colon

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's very simple, things are staying "exactly" as they are.

If it ain't broken, don't try and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.