DR- Digital Cameras

dimitricharalam

Jan 28, 2002
This year has been considered as potentially having the greatest expansion in the digital camera market. I would like to know what you might consider about this idea.
Thanks
DCH Jr.

Susan

Jan 23, 2002
looking for digital camera help in R.D.

was not easy.

We stayed in the Puerta Plata area, and went into town to buy extra memory cards, which were not cheap, but, there was not very much *help* with anything to do with it...( the clerks in the shops weren't geeks and helpful!)

Back at our hotel, there was a guy in the office, who tried to download/burn our files onto a Cd for us, but he couldn't quite figure it out either, and they didn't want to turn over an office computor with the programs we needed.... the computor room computors didn't have software capabilities we needed.

For anything serious - like specific programs, replacement memory cards, everyone said to go to the capital. We chose not to take the time...

but, emailing photos can be a very time consuming experience in a hotel computor room!

as to selling cameras (and phones) for that matter, I would imagine if you had good contacts - and good prices, you might do OK. These things are very expensive in R.D., but digital cameras need computors to go with them....

that might be a concern, and I've often wondered myself what the percentage of the population in R.D. has a computor?

That would be interesting to know (if anyone does! LOL!)

The business end - I'm no expert in, just wanted to give you my exp with the digi world down there....

peace, susan