canadian charter airlines

boni

Jan 9, 2002
What airlines and/or package tour operators go between Canada and the Dominican Republic. Any of them have Web sites?

boni

Jan 9, 2002
Can you book flight-only?

Or do you have to buy the full package vacation? And can you book directly through one of these charter airlines? I'm totally confused!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Canadian charter airlines serving the DR at present are: Air Transat, Sky Service and Air Canada.

Tour operators: World of Vacation, Nolitour, Vacances Air Transat, Conquest, Signature, Sunquest, Tour Mt. Royal, Nouvelle Frontier

They should all have web sites that you can check for more information.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Charters

Delores, Air Canada is not a charter company but does have flights down to the DR, but at a much higher rate. Skyservice and Airtransat are Charter companys and I think you'll find thier prices to be lower than Air Canada. The Charter companies have air-only listed in thier prices through tour companies, you cannot book direct. At Air Canada you can book direct, but the prices you'll find are going to be much higher than the Charters. The Charters also offer "packages" as well through tour companies. I find the best prices to be had are through brokerage places like "Bel-Air Travel" and "Sell Off Vacations" and others as well. I find that these places beat your Travel Companies such as your local companies listed in the phone book. If you are located in Toronto or near Toronto.......get the Toronto Star on Saturdays and you'll find all the deals listed in there........I've seen A-I packages going for under 600.00 for a week, if you leave in that week or the following one.

TSS

Jan 27, 2002
boni

Most of the information from the previous post are correct. Including that Air Canada is not a charter airline although they do own another charter airline called Tango.

You should use a travel agent you trust if you are not sure about what you are booking. Sometimes you see good deals on the internet but they may not be insured and you could lose if not careful.

If you wish to speak to or email my brother he can help you with this.He is Rick Scull

riadripe@sympatico.ca

He can stear you in the right direction

Tom

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Air Canada flies only charter flights to the Dominican Republic. It does not offer regular scheduled service.

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
I have used Canada3000 (no longer in business) and airtransat. I can not comment on SkyService but they are out of Toronto also. The charters sell their seats to tour companies like SunQuest, ConQuest, World of Vacations, Signature. They all have their own websites. Here are a couple sites that show last minute deals as well as future dates.

http://www.wholesaletravel.com/wtg/index.htm

http://www.selloffvacations.com/home.htm

http://www.belairtravel.com/

You can get air only or full packages.

Jerry

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Delores and TSS

Sorry I did not know this....it is news to me, I am totally unaware of this Delores.....there used to be Canada 3000 which is now bankrupt......but Air Canada running Charters.......this I did not know....I know they have a domestic service to the Dr....but charters????/I am unaware of this Delores. TSS....as for worrying about Bel-Air or other Companies such as Sell off Vacations....these companies have been around for quite a while, and I would not be too worried about these certain companies going under. Who knows maybe your brothers travel agent could go under as well.......anything can happen......but if you want the best deal, you need to go to a brokerage house, as they have the best deals. My next door nieghbour owns a small travel company and she can't beat the prices I get from Bel-Air, the volume just is not there!!The travel companies just don't have the room giving the deals the the bigger companies have.......for instance, on a package deal.....a travel company might only make 65 dollars on a package. When you phone and ask for a price, ask if there is limited seating or "if it's unlimited" unlimited means 10 or more seats and limited means 9 or under. If it is unlimited wait a few days until it becomes limited and then nail it, as it gets closer to the day of departure, they(the tour company)lower the price, because it is better to get something for the seat than let it go emty........of course you take a chance of someone buying 6 or 8 seats and the flight being sold out! I used to to this when I was single and when it did'nt matter when I went.....now we can't do this as my wife needs to give a little notice for leaving her job. Also the Tour Companies are now purchasing smaller blocks and selling most of the seats at full bang, because too many people were playing the wait and see game.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Delores

You can get regular domestic flight to the DR from Air Canada......you fly to Miami and then AA picks it up ( so they must be affiliated in some sort of way)but you can purchase a domestic flight to the DR from Toronto with a stop in Miami....I think the price is around 1260.00 round trip. I have not checked this out for approximatly 9 or 10 months, so things might have changed now. I'm gonna check it out right now.

Lyse

Jan 2, 2002
Air Canada vacations

You can buy a package vacation or flight only with Air Canada vacations. I know that from Miami to La Romana you will fly with A.A. For a 60 days MAXIMUM stay the price was almost the same I paid (1 500$ CDN) flying regular with A.A (February 18 - May 24).

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Air Canada byTANGO

Air Canada is running Air Canada tango using TANGO's A-320
but you have to pay for watter and the rest of their service
and a new charter based in montreal their first flight will be february 21 out of montreal "Air Columbus" with one 727-200
www.aircolumbus.com

boni

Jan 9, 2002
Thanks so much!

You guys have all been a tremendous help. I really, really appreciate all of the information I've received, and I feel like I'm starting to sort out the whole scene. I'm extremely grateful.