German woman implicated in a murder in LT

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Las Terrenas: German woman involved in homicide of Dominican man

A German woman has been accused by local authorities of participating in the homicide of a Dominican man, which apparently occurred around 7 January 2016, in Las Terrenas. The woman is Katrin Waltermar (her name may have been slightly misspelled), and the victim is Yonathan Reyes, a professional dancer and instructor. Jes?s Calca?o, a Dominican, has confessed to have killed Reyes in Calca?o's home. The woman apparently sent the victim to the place of the homicide and eventually told authorities where they could find the killer.

Does anyone know more about this event or the participants? Is Ms. Waltermar known to be a poster here?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
" professional Dancer" ? is that what they call them now...
um, ok..

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
" professional Dancer" ? is that what they call them now...

Yes, he was. He participated in international dance events as an instructor and/or performer. I have no idea if he was involved in anything else, good or bad.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes, but I thought the search function was far more reliable than my eye sight.

nah. search function here is not good. next time use google search: whatever whatever dr1 forums. it gives better results.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Funny how this didn't create as much shock and commotion as the german that got murdered in Puerto Plata.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Funny how this didn't create as much shock and commotion as the german that got murdered in Puerto Plata.

Yeah, all murder and violence is bad no matter what nationality. What's wrong with this is the bail for a murder charge. That's what's wrong with this. The whole criminal justice system is a failure.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, all murder and violence is bad no matter what nationality. What's wrong with this is the bail for a murder charge. That's what's wrong with this. The whole criminal justice system is a failure.

The original legal system here was designed after the French. Guilty untill proven innocent. The one now in use enough money proves innocence !

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
personally i always use google to search for threads on dr1. of course in this particular case the thread in question was visible by just casually scrolling down the page. mods merge threads all the time as folks do not even look at the latest posts before starting a new thread on the same subject.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i thought that It always has been "innoncent until proven guilty"...but maybe in ***some other*** countries its the opposite, LOL.......

The Napeonic system of proving innocence used to be the rule, but now it technically is more like the US system (aside from the reality that it really depends upon how much money you have.)