High beach tide punta cana

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I have never seen it this high in the last 5 years as it is TODAY.. Any news? Even the lifeguards haven't seen it like this before..

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Maybe its not the Tides, maybe its the whole Island Sinking a little on the east end.. hey ,anything is possible.

was there a lot of Sand Erosion during Recent Storms ?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe its not the Tides, maybe its the whole Island Sinking a little on the east end.. hey ,anything is possible.

was there a lot of Sand Erosion during Recent Storms ?

Are there a lot of US marines on that side of the island? Maybe it is about to flip over!
Or it could be the rising sea level that the Globular warming folks have been telling us about for half a century.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
hlywud.. your link doesn't work?

jd4 and fishhead.. if you don't have proper answers take a hike.. you putz's don't live in the area do you?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
hlywud.. your link doesn't work?

jd4 and fishhead.. if you don't have proper answers take a hike..

Are you the new arbitrator of what are proper answers? Those people who have been warning of rising sea levels should be joining with their answers proper or not!
Der Fish

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Are you the new arbitrator of what are proper answers? Those people who have been warning of rising sea levels should be joining with their answers proper or not!
Der Fish

I was honestly not trying to make a joke

the Earthquakes may have had an effect, BEACH EROSION definitely would ..

Not like we did not learn anything here in NEW JERSEY after Sandy..
saw multi million dollar Homes washed into the Ocean..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Saw a few videos from yesterday in Macao, the water literally reached the back end of the beach. Crazy! Never seen that happen in this area before.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I live about 6 miles from Macao. I sure hope my place is still there when I get back tomorrow. Maybe 60 meters (200ft) from the waters edge was to close.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Apparently big waves north coast, too.

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.- Puerto Plata Province Civil Defense at noon today suspended the use of the coastline and all beaches here and other north coast towns to prevent mishaps, as strong waves have been pounding the shore since early Tuesday.

Civil Defense provincial director Whascar Garcia said the ban aims to avert incidents from the high surf, while the National Weather Office (Onamet) forecast waves as high as seven feet along the coast and higher offshore.

"In view of these circumstances, we decided to suspend the use of the beaches in Puerto Plata and other communities in the northern coast. Access to swimmers is suspended until further notice in addition to water sports in the various beaches around the coastline of this province," Garcia said.

He also warns small boats to remain in port as Onamet forecasts east/northeast winds as strong as 15 knots along the Atlantic coast and the northeast, pushing waves of from 5 to 7 feet.

http://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...d-as-7-foot-waves-pound-Dominican-north-coast

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was just at Playa Blanca with another DR1er - the shoreline seemed normal enough.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Blame it on El Nino!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe it's a big ocean conspiracy. Perhaps North Korea is the culprit. Maybe it is the return of Noah daming the DR for things happening in Boca Chica. Maybe it is just Mother Nature saying it's all in my hands.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Apparently big waves north coast, too.

yes, i think there was alert along atlantic coast in general. in costambar the ocean was rough until late afternoon. big waves and tide so high the water got inside farolito bar. looks like many areas were affected.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I was laying on the beach yesterday in Puerto Plata in the place where I usually put mu towel and an incomoing wave got me all wet. I know not if it was at high tide or what, but it was unusual.
Der Fish

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
yes, i think there was alert along atlantic coast in general. in costambar the ocean was rough until late afternoon. big waves and tide so high the water got inside farolito bar. looks like many areas were affected.

I've noticed much high waves, higher water lines, and unusually rough seas on Playa Sosua all this week also.