medical info

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Can anyone recommend a urologist on the North coast. Preferably at CMC, as it's close to Sosua, failing that Puerto Plata.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The best urologists are in Santiago. I would consult Joaquin Alvarez in Corominas Clinic. If he is available you have a McGill-trained expert.

The urologists at the Centro Medico Cibao and the Union Medica del Norte are also very good.

HB

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
The jewish guy from New York with the new clinic is in Santiago. Dont know if he is a good uroligst. I contacted his website about the Urolift procedure. At first they said they did not do it. Then he calls me personally at around 7Pm very pushy about coming for a examination. Then he says he can do Urolift [I guess he got certified for the procedure overnight] 2 days later 2 women call saying they work for him also 7-8 PM. I ask them what the examination cost they do not know but put me on hold with some good music. After about 10 minutes girl -lady comes back on and says she thinks it cost $ 300 U.S. But i can negociate for a discount. Well i told her to please tell the good Doctor to please forget about me for any procedure that is learned overnight and do not call again. It must be that doctors in N.Y. are so bad off they have to beg for money here.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I posted this to get a response from Hillbilly, great, thanks.
Also drSix with the HOMS link.

xstew your info is invaluable. I'll cross off honest Abe Finklesteins New York style urology service.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I had a bad experience with a doctor at HOMS and a good experience at CMC. It depends on the doctor and not the hospital.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I had a bad experience with a doctor at HOMS and a good experience at CMC. It depends on the doctor and not the hospital.

Did you have a bad experience, or did you almost get dead and extorted for money?

The only people who have anything good to say about CMC, are financially vested in the area, and fit into the following three categories:

1. Landlords
2. Real Estate Agents
3. Business Owners

Which one of those are you?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
CMC saved the life of my daughter-in-law. And there are other people I know who have had a positive experience.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I am not a landlord, real estate agent or business owner. Let's agree to disagree. I am merely stating my experience with CMC.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
300 dollars for a urolift and maybe a discount..lol ... is doing the procedures in his garage

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Did you have a bad experience, or did you almost get dead and extorted for money?

The only people who have anything good to say about CMC, are financially vested in the area, and fit into the following three categories:

1. Landlords
2. Real Estate Agents
3. Business Owners

Which one of those are you?

About 2 years ago, I was in the hospital. A lot. (See "And Now A Few Words From Meemselle" in the North Coast forum for details....) And I was in CMC. I went back to the US and saw my bone guy in Fairfield, CT to check on what they repaired at CMC and he said he wouldn't have done anything differently.

For the record: I am not a landlord; a real estate agent, or a business owner.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
$300 dollars was for the initial examination. Who knows what he would have quoted for the procedure. He probably would have told me the operation would leave me with a bar of STEEL!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Meems,
same here had a tooth fixed in a hurry ( Dra Monica)

Broke an old one off on a chicken wing....
she rebuilt the tooth and sent me away.

My dentist in Canada is a public school friend and a professor of dentistry at the local university.

He said it was a good job.

Medical care can be good here....
as anywhere, bad happens too.

My wife's Gyn/ob doctor , from Philadelphia with a superior resume and reputation, just returned from volunteering here with his wife and sang the praises of CMC..........

so go figure about CMC..... an expert says YES,........... contrary to our local critics.

Me ? Dunno..... never been

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few family members use this doctor from clinica union medica:
Nicol?s De Jes?s Rodr?guez Tejada
Especialidad: Urolog?a
Ubicaci?n: Torre A, Nivel 2, Suite 209
Tel?fono: 809-226-8686, Ext: 4209
Celular: 809-979-4209
Correo: rotnicolas@hotmail.com

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
if one is remotely equipped to travel stateside for complex treatment and diagnoses it would behoove that person to do so. Ther are many advancements available to clinicians / urologists that you wont find here

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I have no experience with CMC. Knock on wood but this was hilarious.

Juan (remember Juan?) is convinced that CMC is where white people go to die. I keep 'splainin' to him that it's open 24/7/365 sso probably the white people that go there are already pretty effed up. But Juan watches the TV news religiously every night, and the TV news does love dead gringos.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
And beware of Jewish doctors with new robot operated doctors doing the operations.It used to be all dominicans wanted to go to N.Y. Now the Doctors from N.Y. are coming here with Robots. At $300 dollars per exam he will do well eaven if he does no operations. $300 just to stick his finger up your BUT. If he lined all patients to be examened up on hands and knees he cold make thousands an hour. And if a robot did it he would not need to get his fingers stinky rich.