DGM report on repatriations 2015

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
But not being proficient at reading Spanish, although I can talk it all day long, does that figure of returnees include me? I had been over my tourist card when I left in April. Myself and thousands of other gringos have slid out and back in again. Are we counted here as having left in an irregular state?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
But not being proficient at reading Spanish, although I can talk it all day long, does that figure of returnees include me? I had been over my tourist card when I left in April. Myself and thousands of other gringos have slid out and back in again. Are we counted here as having left in an irregular state?

Web translation......

MIGRATION STANDS OUT, RETURN OF FOREIGN VOLUNTEER IN SITUATION IRREGULAR EXCEED REPATRIATIONS IN THE COUNTRY

13 January, 2016

Posted by Yodenys Mu?oz

News

The Directorate-General for migration reported that in five months 129,000 thousand foreigners in an irregular situation have come out of the Dominican Republic, many of these returnees and others on a voluntary basis.

In a report which includes the immigration ban process initiated on 14 August 2015 10 January of the current year, the DGM sets that other 7,817 is prevented from entering Dominican Republic for not having the required documentation.

In the document the DGM explains that national 15,863 from different countries were repatriated for not being within the National Plan of regularization of foreigners not having immigration documents required by law 285-04 regulating migration in the country.

Prior to the start of the repatriations, 113,320 Haitian nationals, left voluntarily the Dominican territory by the various border crossings with assistance in transportation and power in many cases of the General Directorate of migration, acting always with due respect for their status as human beings.

On occasion the DGM deserved the recognition of the international community and human rights organizations, including the own neighboring country of Haiti, for the conduct and attitude of respect for human rights and the dignity of persons displayed by inspectors and officers of migration during migration interdiction operations performed on the national territory from mid last year.

DETAIL

Of the repatriated foreigners, 15,854 are Haitians, Cubans 54 and 55 of various nationalities. Of this total of 15,082 returnees are men and 779 women, all sent to their respective countries for "not having legal documents to stay in Dominican soil", indicates a press release from the Agency.

According to it, among the returnees, as well as Haitians and Cubans, include people from Albania, Germany, Belgium, Colombia, Bolivia, Spain, the Netherlands, India, Kosovo, Iraq, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Syria, Ukraine, Venezuela, Georgia, Czechoslovakia and China.

Haitians and other foreigners repatriated in accordance with law, were purged in the different reception centres managed by migration, of which 3,650 corresponded to Santiago; 3,187 to Haina; to Dajab?n, 4,238; alias pineapple 2,357; Jiman?, 2,118, and from Benerito, 313 always receiving assistance in transportation and power of the DGM.

VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE

Meanwhile, since 18 June 2015 to 5 January this year, by the different points of the border with Haiti left voluntarily 59,969 23,286, 30,065 women and men under age, who received the collaboration of the General Directorate of migration with transport, food and medical care.

113,320 foreigners who left the country voluntarily during the indicated period, 88,266 did for the border dajabon point; 11,615 by El?as Pi?a; 9,516 by Jiman? and 3,923 by Pedernales.

RETURNED

In coordination with the army of the Dominican Republic and the specialized body in border security and terrestrial (CESFRONT), the DGM prevented from entering the country to 7,817 foreigners they 5,633 men, 1,517 women and 667 minor children who tried to enter Dominican territory without the corresponding documentation.

The return of foreigners in the period from September 11, 2015 the 10 January 2016, were made through the border dajabon, with 5,123 points; Pedernales, with 1,244; El?as Pi?a, with 1,212; and Jiman?, with 238.

The DMG said that continue working in compliance with the law 285-04, regulating migration in the Dominican Republic, and faithfully following the instructions of the Lord constitutional President, Mr. Danilo Medina S?nchez, act with respect to the human condition of those affected.

Relationship for months of repatriated foreigners from Dominican Republic during the period August 2015 January 2016

August

September

October

November

December

January

Total

Relationship for months of foreigners who voluntarily left the country during the period June 2015 January 2016

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

January

Total

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I wonder what the numbers of returnees are that "slipped" back in though various other entry points?