Carnival 2016

citynights

Jan 24, 2011
I know this is posted also in the central ....
But does any one here have info on La Vega Carnival.... When it is etc. I will be in DR from feb.10 to 22...
Any info will help....

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It takes place every Sunday in February, the last one being the biggest. The location is the main street through the center of La Vega. If you are in the town, there's no way you can miss where the parade is.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
Largest carnival in DR, IMO the best, with free concerts every night. Best to pay for a VIP area in the many restaurants that a line the carnival street and watch the people and carnival groups go by. Be warned, the music will be loud and you will get hit in the butt with a hard ballon if you wonder the streets.

P.S. pick pockets are everywhere, be street smart.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Largest carnival in DR, IMO the best, with free concerts every night. Best to pay for a VIP area in the many restaurants that a line the carnival street and watch the people and carnival groups go by. Be warned, the music will be loud and you will get hit in the butt with a hard ballon if you wonder the streets.

P.S. pick pockets are everywhere, be street smart.

how many do the restaurants asks to sit in the VIP? (more or less)

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
The prices vary in the VIP area, depends how close you want to sit to the street. I paid about RD800 per person at a place called Fly lounge (good drinks and finger foods), but Lite lounge I paid about RD1200 per person. El Naranjo is cheaper, but you can't see much out to the street.

Each carnival group has their own corner that have VIP areas as well, If you adventurous, go to the corner of the group called Las Fieras, its like going to a EDM festival, full of people.

P.S. These were last years prices.