Too drunk to drive!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. This might save you the cost and embarrassment of being arrested for DUI. It saved me.

As you know, people have been known to have unexpected brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends. Well, two days ago, it happened to me. I was out for the evening and had more than several margaritas coupled with a bottle of a rather nice red wine.

Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was over the limit.
That's when I did something I've never done before - I took a taxi home!

Sure enough, on the way home there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. These roadblocks can be anywhere and I realized how lucky I was to have chosen to take a taxi.

This was a real surprise to me, because I had never driven a taxi before.
I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hahaha

We used to frequent a well known watering hole...... full of drunks every evening.

The police caught wind of this and began to stake it out.

Sure enough, just before closing, a wobbly drunk staggered out the door and began looking for his car.
He tried the key in a few before clicking the key fob to flash his lights.

As he bent over to unlock the car, he banged his head on the roof... stepped back.. and tried again.
Success !!

Key in ignition he spun the wheels and pulled onto the roadway.

Cops fly into action -- chase him down and cuff him.

Off to the station for a breathalizer test.

He passes with flying colors.... sober as the proverbial judge.

Meanwhile, back at the bar, the rest of patrons wobble out and head home.
All the while saying a quiet 'thank you' to their friend...........

the designated drunk.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Here is another TIP..
If your friends TAKE YOUR CAR KEYS away from you, and tell you to your face " you should not be driving"

DONT FIGHT THEM.. you will thank them the next day..

happened to me only a couple times, and I cant thank those people enough..
those are your true friends..

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. This might save you the cost and embarrassment of being arrested for DUI. It saved me.

As you know, people have been known to have unexpected brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends. Well, two days ago, it happened to me. I was out for the evening and had more than several margaritas coupled with a bottle of a rather nice red wine.

Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was over the limit.
That's when I did something I've never done before - I took a taxi home!

Sure enough, on the way home there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. These roadblocks can be anywhere and I realized how lucky I was to have chosen to take a taxi.

This was a real surprise to me, because I had never driven a taxi before.
I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

You finally figured it out Derwood.......

After all these years......

Good for you!

Better late than never.

I've been taking cabs home since my mid 20's (When I'm HAMMERED)

Which is quite often I might add.....

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
hahaha

We used to frequent a well known watering hole...... full of drunks every evening.

The police caught wind of this and began to stake it out.

Sure enough, just before closing, a wobbly drunk staggered out the door and began looking for his car.
He tried the key in a few before clicking the key fob to flash his lights.

As he bent over to unlock the car, he banged his head on the roof... stepped back.. and tried again.
Success !!

Key in ignition he spun the wheels and pulled onto the roadway.

Cops fly into action -- chase him down and cuff him.

Off to the station for a breathalizer test.

He passes with flying colors.... sober as the proverbial judge.

Meanwhile, back at the bar, the rest of patrons wobble out and head home.
All the while saying a quiet 'thank you' to their friend...........

the designated drunk.
apparently you were at spanky's

Last edited:

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Christmas eve this year, my wife and I were visiting friends on St. Thomas. Our friend Peacock was so drunk that he fell over getting out of his chair and mashed up his head pretty good. He could hardly walk let alone drive a car. knowing he would insist on driving home, I put Gabriela into action asking him to help her with the dinghy (RIB w/ 25hp outboard) knowing full well he wouldn't turn down a request from her. He fell in the water getting in the dinghy, and when I reached home with his car and was out on the dock, he was in the water again. Lost his phone and a few pieces of silver jewelry in the lagoon, but at least he was alive the next day, so we could all laugh about it..

Great story fish!! maybe paint it, change the plates and make a few pesos off of it??

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Christmas eve this year, my wife and I were visiting friends on St. Thomas. Our friend Peacock was so drunk that he fell over getting out of his chair and mashed up his head pretty good. He could hardly walk let alone drive a car. knowing he would insist on driving home, I put Gabriela into action asking him to help her with the dinghy (RIB w/ 25hp outboard) knowing full well he wouldn't turn down a request from her. He fell in the water getting in the dinghy, and when I reached home with his car and was out on the dock, he was in the water again. Lost his phone and a few pieces of silver jewelry in the lagoon, but at least he was alive the next day, so we could all laugh about it..

Great story fish!! maybe paint it, change the plates and make a few pesos off of it??

No what I would do is to call the taxi company and demand that they get their damn cab out of my garage!
Der Fish

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
You finally figured it out Derwood.......

After all these years......

Good for you!

Better late than never.

I've been taking cabs home since my mid 20's (When I'm HAMMERED)

Which is quite often I might add.....

What do you do with them all?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i remember something like that myself....i was hammered it was freezing cold and i could of walked home in 15min but got in a cab woke up and said thanks that guy is driving my head spinning and traffic lights twirlin...actually dont remember anymore of the ride...or getting in the house etc..